cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userS2XykHWQ1m
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

TV purchased less than 3 years ago.  Bottom left of the screen started looking funny, followed by white lines throughout the entire picture.  Suddenly, I went over by the TV and a puff of smoke came out of the TV.  Immediately unplugged the TV.  I see now there are many issues on this situation but doesn't appear to be a consistent solution.  What does Samsung intend to do about this as this to me is a safetly hazard beyond proportion.  Super dissapointed in a purchase gone bad less than 3 years old! 

userS2XykHWQ1m
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Now the technician said the repair is declined as Samsung feels it is caused from physical damage.  THAT IS A BUNCH OF GARAGE!  There is no physical damage other than it melting from the inside.  HOW did I do that Samsung!  BBB here I come and I am not sitting quiet about this especially seeing the number of others having this problem.  I don't think all these people coinciendtally caused physical damage?  I call BS on you Samsung and NEVER will I purchase another Samsung product!  Technician even felt that Samsung would replace the screen and was surprised when it wasn't!!

userXXqvnLGZZS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A few weeks ago my UN50J6200 started getting lines in it.  Within a couple of hours the bottom right corner turned black, smelled like something was burning, and was very hot.  I quickly unplugged it.  Now when I plug it in only two lines display, and the rest of the screen is black. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userhPl0CzOmJN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG this happened last night. The corner of the television suddenly started glowing and it was melting! Burning plastic, so horrifying. The TV was in perfect condition only moments before. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhPl0CzOmJN: Oh no! Please send us a private message as well http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

userpxDG5CNqGX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I originally posted here in September.  I replied to the moderator and emailed all the requested info and pictures at least twice.  I received no reply after the 2nd time that I provided all requested info.  So last week, I emailed Samsung Customer Service, gave all requested info again, and was advised to put in a service request.  I completed the service request, and provided all the info and picture once again.  I got an email back saying to call a Samsung 1-800 number.  So I called and they wanted me to troubleshoot the TV - the initial steps were to unplug everything and then I assume they were going to have me plug things back in and try things to get it to work. The TV is mounted and not easy to access, plus I'm pretty sure it's not going to work! He also did inform me that it is past warranty (it was less than 3 years old when it happened) so I'm assuming they weren't planning to replace it.  At this point, I am planning to give up and NEVER buy any Samsung product again!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Sherry. I'm sorry that we missed your message. Can you please send me a private message from Community. I'm happy to look into this further. 

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION