cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userGmG4G5r8TF I would be happy to look into this further. Can you please drop a Private Message Here with the model and serial numbers of your television?

Highjinks
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had the same thing happen to my TV. Downloaded the HBO Now App, and tried to open it. Upon opening the app I got a ton of vertical lines, and a little circle in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Being dumb i went u and touched it, and burn the heck out of my thumb. The rest of the screen is cool to the touch. 

Highjinks
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guess samsumg support doesn't care about my TV. Juding by the replacement stories i've heard it may not matter anyways. I wonder if they're just got a ton of bad chips in the TV's and just didn't care to stop using them. 

userCnxq6FiRu6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJam, I have a similar issue as described by userymzOwOZTsI. Sent you a direct message with the details. 

Thanks.

userPGN5nYFteO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I bought a Samsung6534 TV on 1/19/16 and the left-side is starting to overheat. I caught it and quickly turned off and unplugged the TV. There was discoloring on the left edge of the screen and the top-left corner was very hot, almost hot enough to burn my hand. What do I do now?
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPGN5nYFteO Please send me a private message with your contact information and the televisions model and serial number I'm happy to look into your case. 

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
userqCgsGHQKqn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV also melted on the corner of the screen and frame. 

I also sent you a message Justin for help. Thank you.

userl0Q4AHQo4o
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 60 inch Samsung.  The sides from top to bottom get really hot after 15min from turning on.  And I just started to notice that both sides of the screen, again, from top to bottom, are beginning to lighten dramatically.  

Is this safe?

Robert DeLeon

SmartVenue2015@gmail.com

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userl0Q4AHQo4o I would be happy to investigate this further. Can you please send a Private Message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the full model and serial numbers of the television? 

userzHesXkOsr9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to mine as well, the left corner had a black spot, my screen started flickering, and the left corner of the screen frame has actually started melting. I've only had it since 2016, in a safe spot and it was on less than an hour! Is something shorting out and causing this??