cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear this@user43iZaTSI3K. Please send me a private message with any photos and your contact information. I'm happy to look into your case. 

userBustCEAp33
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

I am having a similar problem. The bottom left of the TV is very hot and there is a black bubble spreading and the plastic is melting. Who can I contact to try to resolve this?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send me a private message with your contact information. I'm happy to look into this. 

dharms0228
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The exact same thing just happened to ours.  Very scary b/c it melted and it hangs on our wall which easily could have caused a fire or hurt my family.    

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZDYMmCxzPz   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

dharms0228
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good Afternoon,

I reached out earlier via a PM to Cole b/c I saw that he posted for anybody w/ these issues to PM the link he copied so I did and now I can not reply to your PM link b/c it states I reached my allowable number of PM messages. We turned our 2 year old Samsung TV on today and it was fine for a bit then white lines started to show up and the tv started to melt.  This is very frightening being that sometimes we keep the tv on when we leave for short periods for our dog and this could have caused our house to burn down along with the concern of my 5 year old touching it and getting severly burnt.  The tv was so hot before we unplugged it.

Model Code: UN50J6200AFXZA
Serial Number:04KD3CBH301153L

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! We have been advised to provide an exchange of the unit. May I set up this up for you? ^Justin 

user03jzJegy6Z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to our TV (Samsung 40 smart tv)....turned it on this morning for my daughter and 45 mins later I came out after getting ready for work and the screen had lines in it. When I looked more closely, I noticed the bottom left corner seemed to be off. When I went to touch the screen to inspect it further, it nearly burned my hand. I noticed the casing had melted as well. Luckily my daughter didn't touch it and I've turned off the TV and unplugged it. 

users70SssiDTX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I smelled buring plastic in my house and found the bottom corner of my TV melting. The TV wasn't even turned on. Will you replace this TV. I have been a loyal customer of Samsung for a long time. I have 4 other TV's in my house are there issues with other TV's VERY CONCERNED

Model number is un50j6200afxza

s/n 04kd3chgb00382d

Feenixx7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to my second JS9000. I noticed it was getting really hot and now the screen looks like its bleeding black blotches from the edges after its on for a short period of time. You would think as expensive as this TV was it would last longer. VERY Poor quality. I tried talking to a Samsung rep and they told me its out of warranty so I will have to pay to get it repaired but after this I dont want to even take the risk of it happening for a 3rd time...so there is no way Im buying another Samsung TV...fire hazard!