cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamrahben
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes the problem was resolved for me. They replaced my TV.

kmh451
Astronaut

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of 50" Samsung Smart LED television

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung LED TV did this in the bottom right corner as well. Who shall I contact to get this problem resolved? Not sure on how to send message with personal infprmation. Thanks, Kristina

Jchapy1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know why but it does not give me an option to send you a private message. I am having the same problem with my UN50J5200AF.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To send other users a private message you can visit their profile and on the right side of the screen you should see an option for "Send this User a private message". If you don't have this option listed let me know and I'll see if we can get this fixed for you. I'll go ahead shoot you one though!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Twavos
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TV just did the same thing and nearly caught fire. I am lucky my kids caught it. What action needs to be taken? I have submitted an email to samsung customer support. This is very disappointing and scary. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Twavos, Could you send us a private message with any transaction numbers you may have?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

ConcernedFLA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One more tihing -

Samsung has marked this thread as "Solved". This is far from being Solved my friend. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @ConcernedFLA

Actually, the only person who can mark something as solved is the original poster, who apparently did have her problem resolved.  

I know that this does not help with your original problem so, if you have not heard directly from one of the moderators regarding your specific problem, I suggest that you start another thread so that it gets noticed.  Sometimes, these multipage threads get buried.

by SteveHogan
Formerly a slave to a Galaxy Note 7
Now enjoying my freedom with an S7 Edge on Verizon
( I hate Verizon least of all Smiley Wink )
And still watching a Samsung 55KS8000 when I can

Help others on this forum.  If you are the originator of this topic, please be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

ConcernedFLA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi stevehogan,

thanks for that bit of info.

And Another Up-Date, 11/09/2016:

I did try using the advice given by Lakes Electronics; immediately ask for Executive Customer Service. Seems to be a special problems solution group. I was transferred to the group but then told they would have to call me back within 48 hours. I never heard from them. BUT ....

I received a call from Lakes Electronics today. Seems Samsung called them to authorize a one-time warranty service call with needed parts and labor to be covered. That's great, but it has been a very long and fustrating process. So when the technician comes and performs his/her magic, I will give what I hope is a final up-date to this issue.

Another Interesting Fact I learned this pass Saturday - I was in a Sears store and casually asked a couple of sales folks in electronics if they had heard of this problem with Samsung Smart TV screens. They said no, but they did tell me that a few weeks earlier Samsung Reps had come to their store looking at their stock and pulling some of it. They did not know any specific details of what the Reps were looking for or why, just that they had been there. Just a coinsidence ?

I do appreciate Samsung finally stepping up to help resolve this issue. I just wish that it did not have to take so much of my time and energy to get their attention the first time.   More to come after Friday's repair visit.

And this is what I now see on my srceen when I plug it in and turn it on. Just thought I would share.

Highlighted
oldag94
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not seeing the option of a private message.   My contact info is oldag94@aol.com.

My TV info is:  

Model:  UN50F5500AF

Type #:  UN50F5500

Serial Number:  <HIDDEN>

Manufacturer Date:  Nov 2013

It started smoking and melted.   I'm glad I was present or it may have caught fire with the kids in the room.  

This is a safety issue for both person and property.

I hope Samsung is intending on taking extremely good care of those that have been impacted by this.   

Between the burning phones and this, their reputation will take a hit.

Please let me know if you can help.

Chris