Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Krittys
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 6900 smart series tv started getting horizontal lines on the screen and the picture was freezing in the background at times. On the left hand side of the screen a black blob started to form along the frame. The screen at this area was very hot to the touch. I turned the tv off for a few hours. Immediately after turning the tv on the screen was again hot and the lines were still on the screen. 

Is there a fix for this or should I just purchase a new tv? This tv is about 6/7 yrs old, have had no issues and have been really pleased with the performance of this tv.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Krittys,
Can you please send us a private message with your model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
TV burned up today. Why? How long have you (Samsung) known about this and not said anything to the general public? What are you doing to fix this?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send us a private message so that we can gather your information: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I will send this but Im saying this to everyone that can read this via a Google search. I have 5 Samsung TVs in my house 4 of which I purchased the same day. I am making a public statement that if something happens to cause a fire in my house Samsung will be held liable. If you offer to replace my TV(s) I will not sign a release of any kind. I certainly hope noone else has signed or agreed to anything considering Samsung is aware of this issue and as of November 1st 2017 has taken no proactive steps to resolve that I am aware of. That is gross negligence... And what makes it worse is the Galaxy phone issue.... That is eerily similar. Very telling.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sent in my information and Samsung has gone silent. Where are you Samsung. Why are you not talking to me? Hello. I had to buy another TV because you tried to burn my house down with a melting TV... Are you not going to fix this? Hellooooooooo Samsung where are you? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When is someone going to contact me Samsung? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry, We replied to your message asking for your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and a picture of the melted area, and we never heard anything back from you. Please feel free to private message us the needed information and we're happy to escalate this on your behalf. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MYSAMSUNGTVBURNEDTODAY We're just reaching out again, as we still haven't heard anything from you. We'd be happy to help we're only a message away. If you don't want to message us here please feel free to email us at smsupport@sea.samsung.com 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello I sent everything in via email just like I was asked. The communication issue is not on me its on your end. I sent all pictures name and info.