cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craigleddy
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here. Today I was on a Samsung service phone call running through troubleshooting steps to fix the blank screen on my 6350. I still have no picture (I have audio) so I turned off the TV, hung up and prepared to call another number to schedule a Samsung repair. Then I smelled the melting plastic and noticed how hot the lower-left corner of the screen was. I've got a melted spot about the size of a dime.

This is a serious problem. Samsung should recall these units or fix them, warranty or no warranty, before there's a disaster caused by an overheated TV. I haven't called for a repair yet because I don't think it's fair for me to pay to fix this problem, nor do I think this issue should get swept under the rug since it appears to be widespread among this model.  

I can provide more information and am happy to keep in touch with others in this forum until this problem is resolved.      

rjdecker
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung sending out a repairman tomorrow. Will keep u posted on how it goes. Anyone else had good luck with this issue?

BW2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Craig,

I contacted Samsung via the main webpage support email link.

They got back to me in just over a day and started the process of lining up a repair service call.

About a day after that (I started this on Friday so the weekend may have slowed things down a bit) I was contacted by a local repair company.  We started the ball rolling and they should be out to my house some times this week.

All that to say it seems worth it thusfar to contact them.  They seem to be real concerned and determined to help.

Will keep you and the board here updated.

Ravikanth
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All,

I have the same problem with my 3 month old samsung smart TV 50 inch. Is there fix to it? 

Left hand side bottom gets really hot and there are lines across the picture.

Please help!!! 

Krittys
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 6900 smart series tv started getting horizontal lines on the screen and the picture was freezing in the background at times. On the left hand side of the screen a black blob started to form along the frame. The screen at this area was very hot to the touch. I turned the tv off for a few hours. Immediately after turning the tv on the screen was again hot and the lines were still on the screen. 

Is there a fix for this or should I just purchase a new tv? This tv is about 6/7 yrs old, have had no issues and have been really pleased with the performance of this tv.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Krittys,
Can you please send us a private message with your model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Ricochet
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
TV burned up today. Why? How long have you (Samsung) known about this and not said anything to the general public? What are you doing to fix this?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send us a private message so that we can gather your information: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Ricochet
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I will send this but Im saying this to everyone that can read this via a Google search. I have 5 Samsung TVs in my house 4 of which I purchased the same day. I am making a public statement that if something happens to cause a fire in my house Samsung will be held liable. If you offer to replace my TV(s) I will not sign a release of any kind. I certainly hope noone else has signed or agreed to anything considering Samsung is aware of this issue and as of November 1st 2017 has taken no proactive steps to resolve that I am aware of. That is gross negligence... And what makes it worse is the Galaxy phone issue.... That is eerily similar. Very telling.
Ricochet
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sent in my information and Samsung has gone silent. Where are you Samsung. Why are you not talking to me? Hello. I had to buy another TV because you tried to burn my house down with a melting TV... Are you not going to fix this? Hellooooooooo Samsung where are you?