Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Samsung Drew,

[Edited]

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Keith! Thank you for the info, I have edited your personal information as it was displayed publically. Can you please send us a private message with a brief description of the particular issue you're experiencing and pictures would be very helpful too. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there! Just following up to see if you are still in need of assistance. Please follow up in a private message. Thanks! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user7awqZdhfNB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

I have experienced the same issue with my 55", bottom left hand corner got hot, melted frame, lines on tv, tv dead. This just happened yesterday and I bought this tv in Dec. 2015, and have had it less than a year. Definitely a fire hazard.

What is Samsung's solution for this issue? Please email me at <Hidden>

Thank you.

userfn899Kopy1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! I'm having the same exact problem everyone is discussing here. The top left pixels went dead and now that same corner is melting and streaks of dead pixels are now running across the entire length of the screen as well. 

We haven't been using the TV out of fear that it could start a fire or melt further. please advise!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be happy to look into this for you, mind shooting me a message here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH with the below information?

Full Name:

Street Address:

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Place of Purchase:

Model Code:

Serial Number:

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

iamrahben
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SsamsungCole, I have emailed you the information stated in your forum message. I have also sent it to SamsungDrew. My TV is not even 2 years old. The same thing happened to mine on Sunday. The bottom left corner of the tv (frame) is melted too from the overheating.

AJMA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received a response from the moderators telling me they only support US products. I´m from Uruguay and didn´t find my country in the list of services they gave. Still, I tried every service I can find here looking for a solution. Turns out the problem doesn´t have a solution "in the region". So basically they told me I´m screwed, and that I need to purchase a new TV. Needless to say I will not buy a Samsung TV ever again. Sorry, but I felt cheated. They don´t give me a suitable solution. I spent USD 1700 on May 2015 for this TV (not even 2 years passed). I´m already trying to build a customer protection case since this issue can´t just die here.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uruguay is indeed on our visit country link listed under the Latin America countries on the far right column. The exact contact page can be found here for reference: http://www.samsung.com/uy/info/contactus/

I am very sorry we cannot do more for you, I do wish you luck in getting this resolved. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

AJMA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ended up buying another TV (obviously another brand), since Samsung couldn't provide the support I needed. The TV is totally wasted now, melted corner, didn't turn on anymore. Samsung US referred me to the service providers in my country, the service providers in my country didn't have a solution, so the TV couldn't be fixed. 

I started a case in consumer protection to see If I get any luck.. but it seems unlikely.

To all the consumers who had this problem, what was the moderators response to you? They give you any working solution?