cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there userEsB7E2HqIh, sadly the mods here are based for US support. To get this addressed, please reach out to the support team in your area: https://www.samsung.com/latin/info/contactus/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

gugarci
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since I own 2 KU6300's & my newest one which was purchased in Dec of 2016 just developed a vertical line right down the middle I'm looking forward to my screens melting. 
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/KU6300-Vertical-Line/m-p/358666#M40105

I said in my my vertical line post which has been completely ignore I"M DONE WITH ALL SAMSUNG PRODUCTS!

Highlighted
useroMUhjX6N20
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue as mentioned by patriceh. The bottom right corner is hot to touch and appears that the edge has melted and it smelt like burtn plastic. There was also a large white image growing from the corner.

Can you please advise?

Thank you,

Fabien

Aburchfield
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just had the same thing happen... sob
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! That's scary Aburchfield. Please reach out to me via e-mail with your contact info and the following ID: 15048785.  smsupport@sea.samsung.com

mitchothman
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My tv did the same thing 4 days ago its only 2 years old...Its a samsung 50" smart TV...It melted at the bottom left hand corner as well...I dont care if my warrenty is up iys a samsung liability my home could have caught on fire...Thank god my husband was home with our children...Samsung needs to stand by their products if they cant people will buy else-where...I will fight this to the end and IF I am forced to buy a new TV it will NOT be a samsung not even a cell phone...Good luck to all samsung will try really hard to blow you off. :/
mitchothman
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is my melted TV ...its a samsung liability...Stand buy ur products SAMSUNG!!!

Brocephus
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hate to hear that so many are having such a severe issue with their TVs. "Severe" is not a word I wave around lightly, but these TVs have great potential to be fire hazards putting people and property at extreme risk. 

That said, it has not been my experience that Samsung "blows off" or ignores its customers. I have every reason to believe that Samsung is very concerned about this issue and will do everything in their power to correct it. No company, regardless of how big it is, wants to be the next Toyota or Chevrolet, facing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of litigation and bad press, just to make today's dollar. Because if you want to make tomorrow's dollar as well, you have to keep today's customers happy and I like to think Samsung understands this. 

The repair tech is due at my house tomorrow between 3-6pm. He called to say he has a new screen for our TV and that the repair shouldn't take long. I will post here when the job is finished and let all of you know if he replaces the melted trim piece as well. I will also speak with the repair tech and have him tell me what caused this to happen in the first place, what (if anything) has been done to correct the condition, and whether or not I can expect this to happen again. If I'm not pleased with eother the repair or the answers, I'll be on the phone with Samsung about a comllete refund because I refuse to have a ticking time-bomb in my home. 

Stay tuned.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Edeneye, Could you send us a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Sriniann
Constellation

Screen overheating and Smart TV functions are freezing - UN65JU6700

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got this 65 inch UHD curved TV 10 months back. I have noticed, if TV is running for a while or if the room temperature is high. TV starts freezing. None of the smart tv functions are working. However regular TV is working OK. Looks like a component related to smart tv functions is started malfunctioning, when TV is getting heated.  I initially thought my network is dropping. But now I noticed the pattern and identified the root cause of the issue.