Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brutey
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This also happened to me today. 

I purchased the TV a little over a year ago from Costco and tonight the screen went black, then it came back on with white lines running across most of the screen.  I then turned off the TV and unplugged it, however, when I touched the screen I burned my hand because the TV had melted in the lower right corner.  This is ridiculous.  Talk about a major fire hazard, not to mention that this TV is expensive.  Apparently Samsung has more than just cell phones that are fire hazards!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Brutey,
I am sorry to hear this, did you do as suggested on the solved message? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Brutey
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung has contacted me and they are taking care of it. 

Thank you. 

@SamsungDrew wrote:

Brutey,
I am sorry to hear this, did you do as suggested on the solved message? 

userUvzHUJQSAq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a UN 55JS9000 a little more than a year old. The right and left edges of the screen started to become wavy and 3 brown streaks about 6" wide are horizontally accross the screen. The picture quality is significantly degraded. The metal frame is very hot, too hot to touch. I am afraid it may catch fire and set my condo on fire. What do I do Samsung. I have 5 other Samsung TVs, non og which showed this problem.

Pete

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userUvzHUJQSAq please send us a private message with your full model code and serial number as well as pictures if you would like for us to look into this for you. 

userUvzHUJQSAq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my TV is a 55JS9000, SN <Hidden>, purchased on Nov 16, 2015 at Best Buy for $2,129.28.

Pictures of screen below.

I bought this to have the best Samsung made at the time. Who would have thought that after only 14 months it would fail and become a fire hazzard.

Because the picture was so good when I bought it, I also bought a 48JS9000 and a second 55JS9000 for our Virginia home. In addition I have 3 other Samsung TVs.

Where do we go from here, quickly, as I do not want to risk a fire and I want to be able to watch a quality TV that I paid lots of money for.

IMG_1022.JPGIMG_1023.JPGIMG_1024.JPGIMG_1027.JPGIMG_1032.JPG

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for providing this information userUvzHUJQSAq. We would like to forward this to our specialized team, in order to do so can you follow up with us in a private message? You can send a message here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
userc65dVPOD2o
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just had the same thing happen to my 50" Smart TV. Fortunately, it never caught fire, but the left lower corner got very hot.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no, Please shoot us a private message or e-mail at smsupport@sea.samsung.com with your models information. we'd be happy to look into this if you still have the unit. 

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
userc65dVPOD2o
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will do. This just happened last night so yes, I still have the unit.