Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds good! We look forward to hearing from you. 

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
userqFHfjTNHyi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

I have a 50" LED 5-series TV which was bought from dubai 18months ago which we barely use it ... this morning i found the screen's image flickering and blur and having a big white plain image at the bottom right side, when i checked it, i found that its too hot and the plastic black frame is melted down !! I directly unplugged the tv since its quite fire hazardous ... what should i do?! Tv is located in amman , jordan .. is that means we can use the tv only for couple of months??! We chose samsung since we were seeking quality actually !

pls advise asap!

tareq

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userqFHfjTNHyi, I am very sorry to hear. Sadly we mods can only support US devices, due to this I would strongly recommend reaching out to a support team in your area. Here is a link to the support contacts for Dubai products: http://www.samsung.com/ae/info/contactus/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user0wVLNVuHDn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All,

I recently started having problems with my about year old Samsung TV where the TV started turning off. Today the TV turned off and a quarter sized discolleration had appeared in the lower right corner. When I inspected it I noticed a small hole had also appeared on the border of the TV and when touched the hole melted plastic came off and burned my finger. Every time I turn the TV back on the spot quickly starts to heat up again an the melting seems to be getting worse. 

user0wVLNVuHDn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IMG_2891.JPGHere is the pic of the issue

userUvzHUJQSAq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

samsung has agreed to replace my TV with a reconditioned one. Am waiting for it now and hope it compares to the like-new one that was damaged.

Samsung personnel have been very courteous and helpful.

Hopefully I will have no more problems with the replacement.

userybKhiTniX6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my Samsung 55 inch TV, It just got real bright on the left lower corner and started smoking suddenly, it melted the plastic frame from the heat. I call Samsung because is a manufacturers defect and they basically gave me the bird, told me I was on my own, I will never purchase another Samsung product in my life. Does any one has any idea what causes the problem, if so, pls write back on this forum.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userybKhiTniX6, Send us a private message with the model code, serial number, your name, address, telephone number, place of purchase, e-mail address and where the television was purchased please.  We'd like to look into this for you. Messages can be sent here: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userybKhiTniX6, Provide that information as quickly as you can.  

userGCYTXZSjm4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me! And unfortunately, Samsung has failed to properly handle this case (ref#5117568290). My patience is thin after not receiving a call back in the 24 windown communicated, spending an additional 2 hours on the phone talking to three agents (one person in "executive" support who was rude, combatitive, unclear and hung up on me). I emailed pictures and details of my case to them,I don't get a call from them today, they are going to have an even more escalated situation on their hands.

This is CLEARLY a manufacturers defect.  I urge you to resolve this quickly by sending me a replacement or refunding me, and I need to know what route you will take to resolve so I can make arrangements to order another TV or have assurances when I will receive one from Samsung.20170510_081149.jpg