JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

(Topic created on: 4/9/17 12:03 PM)
patriceh
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I own a Samsung LED TV 6300 series. The screen on the TV got so hot it melted the corner of the TV and the screen no longer functions. The TV itself was not on for the majority of the day. The TV was on for maybe an hour or so before it did this. There was no warning from the TV of it over heating. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've owned the TV for just a little over 2 years and this incident seems as if the TV was not manufactured correctly as it happened completely unwarranted.
462 Replies
edeneye
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This just happened to us today on our 50" 6200 SmartTV. I happened to be with my son and was glad I was there, as like Brocephus, it was incredibly hot and melting the plastic (looks exactly the same) and seemed like it could catch fire if left on for much longer. Whom should I contact about this?

0 Likes
BW2
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I just started having this issue today.

Noticed a bright area in the bottom left corner.  When feeling around there it was definitely hot.

Hope to get this resolved easily enough.

It's a 50" 6200 set.

0 Likes
CoryAllen
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

MY QUESTION IS did it all work out? did Samsung take care of you? I too have had this issue as of 9/7/16 and it seems they're only willing to help at cost, yet still at the request of an accomodation.This is recall worthy. A serious flaw like this should merit a free repair as one guy said its brand protection.

0 Likes
Mjorgy68
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Samsung replaced my TV...

They were very courteous and willing to help.

Depending on your TV, From what I have read, you will get either replacment screen or replacement TV.  I ended up with a different model TV that was actually larger.  I am very please with the service I recieved from Samsung.

Be patient.

Yes, the fact that the TV screen heated up to over 200 Degrees F was very bad.  But Samsung resolved the issue without fuss.

0 Likes
user163Yl2u1NE
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Not so with me.  Samsung is apparently appeasing some customers to try to prevent a class action lawsuit.

0 Likes
teck101
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have at UN46D6420UF Smart LED TV. The corner next to the power botton also gets extreamly hot. Now I am afraid to watch TV. I only had the TV for 4 years and watching it only few hours a week. This is a fire Hazard. Samsung is fully awere of the problem but they dont do anything. 

0 Likes
userJw32pWpul3
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hello, 

I'm also facing same issue, how do I fix this.

Samsung person is telling since the internet is on device get heated.im not convinced with this answer.

Anyone please help.

Regards,

Rathan

@teck101 wrote:

I have at UN46D6420UF Smart LED TV. The corner next to the power botton also gets extreamly hot. Now I am afraid to watch TV. I only had the TV for 4 years and watching it only few hours a week. This is a fire Hazard. Samsung is fully awere of the problem but they dont do anything. 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

userJw32pWpul3, did you do as I suggested? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userNy1DLc55vk
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have the same issues, bottom near power button got extremely hot then the TV got lines across the entire screen. I installed my older Panasonic to watch football.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Send me a private message with the model and serial number of the television as well as pictures of the screen.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes