cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the last couple of days, I noticed a black blob in the bottom right hand corner of my Samsung 50 inch 6300 series LED TV screen. The bezel, also in the bottom right hand corner, is extremely hot to the touch and is causing it to melt where the stand by light is. I'm worried this could cause a fire. The TV is out of warranty however, is there anything that can be done?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send pictures of the damaged area of the television, along with the full model and serial numbers, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send pictures of the damaged area of the television, along with the full model and serial numbers, to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The TV screen is now completely black. It started to flash and make crazy looking lines and then it went black.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NEPhillyRadio I hope you find a resolution to your liking. Mine was past warranty including the extended warranty through the retailer, so all costs would be out of pocket. The Samsung authorized repair facility they recommended was going to charge a total of $160 for trip + diagnostic cost BEFORE I would even know if my TV could be successfully repaired. If it could be repaired,  I was taking the chance that the additional cost of labor & parts added to this, would all run close to (if not more) than what I originally paid for the TV. This plus the fact that the authorized repair facility they recommended had very poor reviews, I decided to cut my losses. If I'm going to pay all out of pocket myself, then I can do the research and choose a repair facility that has a better success rate and provides better customer service than the one recommended. Since I'm out the money anyway, I'll either buy another TV or choose a reputable repair facility. Until then, I'll use one of our spare TV's. Best of luck to you!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send me a private message with the ticket number?  I would be more than happy to look into this further to see what I can do for you.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97