cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patriceh
Constellation

Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I own a Samsung LED TV 6300 series. The screen on the TV got so hot it melted the corner of the TV and the screen no longer functions. The TV itself was not on for the majority of the day. The TV was on for maybe an hour or so before it did this. There was no warning from the TV of it over heating. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've owned the TV for just a little over 2 years and this incident seems as if the TV was not manufactured correctly as it happened completely unwarranted.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

I wanted to make a post to help you all get in touch with me directly so I can look into your issue for you. Can you please provide the following via a private message?  http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
Serial Number:

Picture(s) of Melted Portion of the Screen:

I will need this information to look into this issue for you. Also, I am marking this post as a "solution" to help new comers see this post. Please let me know if you have any questions, Thanks. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

436 REPLIES 436
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good evening, welcome to the community! I am very sorry to hear of this. I have sent you a private message regarding your concerns. Please follow up with me at your convenience. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

dangibbs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the exact same issue as mentioned by patriceh. bottom right corner is hot to touch and appears that the edge has melted. Also a large white image growing from the corner.

Please advise
craigleddy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE:

Yesterday a Samsung repairman came to my house and replaced the screen on the TV. This came about after calls with Samsung Service, Samsung Repair and finally Samsung Customer Service, which authorized a one-time courtesy repair even though the TV was out of warranty.

Like others here, I was concerned that replacing the screen wouldn't fully address potential issues with other components that might be causing the overheating problem. The repairman assured me that replacing the front panel would resolve the issue. He couldn't explain why the panels are having this problem but said it mainifests in overheating in the corner.

Obviously this is a serious problem that I hope Samsung will resolve by continuing to work with owners of these models through this forum and other outlets, and with recalls if necessary.    

userR3khIs4r55
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
my TV just did the same thing started watching movie got into a maybe an hour before the bottom 2 in of the TV started acting up and there was a melted spot on the lower right hand side of the frame what is it that I can do to get this repaired I like Samsung but I do not appreciate how it seems like a lot of their products fail is there a phone number that you can call or can they email me
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userR3khIs4r55 We're sorry to hear that! Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number here: Link

useroMUhjX6N20
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have the exact same issue as mentioned by patriceh. The bottom right corner is hot to touch and appears that the edge has melted and it smelt like burtn plastic. There was also a large white image growing from the corner.

Can you please advise?

Thank you,

Fabien

user7awqZdhfNB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same exact problem, left corner of the TV got hit melted the frame and TV is no good at this point. Bought it last year Dec. 2015. Definitely a fire hazard.

What direction has been given for this problem?

Email me at <Hidden> 

Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sending you an email as we speak, please note I did edit the post to remove your personal information from on page. We like to keep that info private for your safety. I look forward to hearing from you!

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userEsB7E2HqIh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue its barely started i touched the upper left corner and it even burned my thumb of the heat... ive starting noticing black shade too.. 

Giancarlo Rietti

San pedro sula, Honduras

Purchase it in Diunsa store

Model: UN49K6500AH

MADE IN MEX

S/N: <Hidden>

help on this matter as the tv still works..