cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be happy to look into this for you, mind shooting me a message here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH with the below information?

Full Name:

Street Address:

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Place of Purchase:

Model Code:

Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

iamrahben
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SsamsungCole, I have emailed you the information stated in your forum message. I have also sent it to SamsungDrew. My TV is not even 2 years old. The same thing happened to mine on Sunday. The bottom left corner of the tv (frame) is melted too from the overheating.

AJMA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received a response from the moderators telling me they only support US products. I´m from Uruguay and didn´t find my country in the list of services they gave. Still, I tried every service I can find here looking for a solution. Turns out the problem doesn´t have a solution "in the region". So basically they told me I´m screwed, and that I need to purchase a new TV. Needless to say I will not buy a Samsung TV ever again. Sorry, but I felt cheated. They don´t give me a suitable solution. I spent USD 1700 on May 2015 for this TV (not even 2 years passed). I´m already trying to build a customer protection case since this issue can´t just die here.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uruguay is indeed on our visit country link listed under the Latin America countries on the far right column. The exact contact page can be found here for reference: http://www.samsung.com/uy/info/contactus/

I am very sorry we cannot do more for you, I do wish you luck in getting this resolved. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

AJMA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ended up buying another TV (obviously another brand), since Samsung couldn't provide the support I needed. The TV is totally wasted now, melted corner, didn't turn on anymore. Samsung US referred me to the service providers in my country, the service providers in my country didn't have a solution, so the TV couldn't be fixed. 

I started a case in consumer protection to see If I get any luck.. but it seems unlikely.

To all the consumers who had this problem, what was the moderators response to you? They give you any working solution?

iamrahben
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Alma,

The Samsung Team was very prompt with responding to my post. They asked for some additional information (picture of damage and store TV purchased from). As soon as all of the requested information was provided, they will be replacing the TV with a refurb equivalent. It took about one week for all of this to happen from my initial contact on this site. I am now waiting to hear from them to set up a delivery of a (refurb) TV and they want the damaged TV back.

Hopefully, the Samsung Team in your country honors their TVs the same way. You shouldn't have to buy another TV.

userx0NXSbYwqk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have this same problem, Drew. How do we message you privately.

AJMA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Had the same problem yesterday and find out this thread with many people with the same problem.

Samsung Smart TV 50" series 6300, bottom left corner bright / burned (overheating like crazy, touched the area and burned my finger!), horizontal lines, TV not "dead" yet cause I turned off immediatly.

In my case I live and purchased the TV in Uruguay, I understand it will be more difficult to help me out but I really need a fast solution to this problem.

I will also reach the moderators with the specifics of the TV.

userszlrgMxkde
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, my Samsung UN50J6200AFXZA tv has vertical lines and now the left corner has got hot and melted the screen and bezel. Please help what is the fix?

iamrahben
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We had the same problem with a Samsung 50 purchase 08/2015. I just sent you an email with the information you requested in your post above.

Robin