cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yep my tv looks exactly the same. Did you have any resolution?
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the exact same issue as many of you.  The corner of my TV got very hot and melted the frame.

I've lost the screen with the white light in the corner.

I called Samsung Customer Service a couple of times.  Straight away I indicated the TV was under 3 years old,

and actually wasn't even taken out of its box for 5 months until I could get it mounted.

I received a call back asking for serial number and was told then we could move forward with fixing the problem.

Once everything was in order, then they tell me I will have to pay for the repair.

I mentioned this forum and how some people are posting they received a one time customer service courtesy

call and he basically said I was lying.....that Samsung does not do this.

Maybe I was wrong in thinking a TV could function for more than 3 years without needing a repair? I have

learned my lesson.......Good bye Samsung....never again!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try contacting Samsung Customer Service again and explaining that is a fire hazard. I'm not sure if that's the right name for the division that reviewed my situation and I don't have a phone number handy. Perhaps you also could contact some of the Samsung reps in this forum who've asked for more information.

Samsung Repair told me I'd have to pay for the repair because the set is out of warranty, but that's probably their standard operating procedure. They then passed my information to Samsung Customer Service (again, not exactly sure who).

Customer Service reviewed my situation, seemed more sympathetic to what is obviously a danger, and then offered a one-time courtesy repair (no fee to me). A repairman came to my home, replaced the front panel and the TV is back in operation. This was the appropriate response to the situation and they should be willing to either fix these sets or make a recall. Good luck.    

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have to say, that after three weeks of dealing with Samsung on this issue, I am very displeased.

I was first told, like many others, that the TV would be serviced. That would have been great, except that it never happened. I was contacted by the service company, but then Samsung cancelled the service request because of my location.

I contacted Samsung again, and they assured me that they were looking for a service contractor that could reach my location to repair the TV. After not hearing back from anyone for a few days, I had to contact Samsung again, and again I was told to wait while they found someone.

After three weeks, they told me there wasn't anyone to service the TV, so I was offered a refund. Fine by me, but when I OK'd that, I was then told that it would be prorated based on the orginal warranty of the TV. This did not sit well with me, as the TV was purchased on sale.

So while others get their TV repaired for free, I'm left with a melting TV and what amounts to about 50% of the retail cost. Trust me, I asked to go up the ladder on this, and no one seemed to care about the fact that the 14 month old TV was melting while my 10-year-old son watched it ... Even if there wasn't the safety factor, do they really expect people to buy a new 50" TV every 14 months? I know I can't afford that.

I've always bought and spoken highly of Samsung products, even my washer and dryer are Samsung, but they've definitely lost a lifelong customer. I have to recommend that everyone "buyer beware" on these TVs and other Samsung products.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same model, same boat.. Repair guy came out and said it needs a new panel.. Possible house fire and no accommodations offered. No damage in my case means no fault? Just $1000.00 gone

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Call Samsung support.  They sent a repairman out and he replaced the screen for free. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung service told me specifically that someone would be in touch with me within 2 days about setting up a service/repair call to my home.

A week later I get a phone message from a company that is located over 170 miles away from me (that's over 2 1/2 Hrs drive time one-way) asking me to call them to set up an appointment. All attemtps to reach them at the number left in their message during their stated business hours resulted in a busy signal. If I call after hours in an attempt to leave a voice mail offering an alternative number to reach me at, absolutely no options available to leave a message. I did a little looking on line about this company Lakes Electronics, Pompano, FL. It quickly became obvious by the reviews on the BBB, Google Review & Yelp  sites that this company has a very poor customer service track record. Did I say they had a poor rating?

What is Samsung thinking trying to get a poorly rated company to travel over 340 miles round trip to come fix a faulty, dangerous product they sold me and then expect me to feel good about their company?  Really?  I have not been feeling the love for over 2 weeks now!

Burning tablets and now smolding/melting TVs. What's next Samsung?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lakes Electronics called, scheduled an appointment, and showed up on time.  They fixed my TV with a new screen.

Try 800 864 9416.  My guy came from Ft. Pierce, even though the card says Pompano Beach.

Fred

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Up-Date:

2016-11-03 - I did get through to Lakes Electronic. It sounds like they are just a a small local company caught in the middle of this mess. They are a Samsung repair rep. And given that now Samsung washers are exploding, they must have their hands full.  I was given some advise on how to handle Samsung customer service from Lakes.

It appears since my TV is out of the one-year warrenty, Samsung will not do anything to remedy what I believe to be a manufacturing/design defect. I also believe that they are working very hard to hide this issue due to all the other defective product issues that are currently in the news. I suggest to all those reading this to continue to put pressure on Samsung and to tell/warn as many people they know about this potentially dangerous defect.  If I am wrong, I will be the first to admt it. But at the moment, the facts I know support something else.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am guessing your set was still within the 1 yr warranty period, hence you are covered. If I may ask, how many hours a week is your TV on? Mine had what I think is low operating time, 8-10 hours a week. That may explain why it took 1 1/2 years for my problem to manifest itself. Sounds like others on this site have problems 6 months to 2 years after purchase. All dependent on operating hours.  Identical failure symtoms points to a common defect. IMHO