cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Screen melted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung 50 inch 50ue5300 smart tv , was watching my tv then it went out and started to melt the bottom right corner it was like it was going to catch on fire what are you going to do Samsung for this issue ? I want my tv replaced , this a fire hazard and I see iam not alone having this problem 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen melted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a 50" series 6200 LED TV that I've had for 2 years That had the same happen to me today. The screen went black then noticed a glow in the lower right corner and when I touched it I burnt my finger and it started to melt the frame around the screen. I've unplugged it and now trying to decide what to do next.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Are you okay?  Did you require any medical attention?  Please send us a private message so that we can assist you with this matter.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I live in Hong Kong and found this page after googling this problem which happened to my Samsung 50" LED TV Model UA50F5000AJ. 

Judging by the pictures on this forum it is the exact same as mine. Small white light in bottom left corner and melted plastic frame.  These TVs are a potential fire hazard and should be recalled. 

Got Samsung technician coming to my house on Tuesday. Call-out fee is an extortionate 700hkd just to have a look. Since its just over 2 years old and out of warranty, I'll be liable for any repair fees if the technician does not believe it is a common fault.  Customer service rep on phone said he's never heard of this problem before and he's been working for 6 years.  So, not looking good and highly doubt they will admit its a faulty product. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message?  We would like to get some information in order to look into this.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have owned a Samsung Model UN78HU9000FXZA , version TS01, SN# 02SR3CAG400066L, for about three years.  Purchased through the Samsung employee web site.  since day one the outside edges of the TV get very hot.  TV does not haave to be on for very long at all.  The outside edges can get hot enought that sensitive skin could be burned.  fortunately my TV has not melted anywhere.  I keep a uab enabled fan behind the tv for some air circulation as there are not vents anywhere on the back of this moster.

Is this normal? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We just had the same issue....tv only on for a short time, horizontal lines across the screen, and then a white discoloration in the lower left corner, where it was very hot and melting.  

How did this issue get resolved?  I sent an email....

Highlighted
Constellation

Screen corner overheating and horizontal lines on Samsung LED TV - UN50J6200AFXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

My TV is less than 2 year old. Horizontal lines are appearing and one corner is feeling very warm. If i keep watching probably its going to melt.

Model : UN50J6200AFXZA

How should I get it fixed? the repair cost from Best Buy would be pretty high.

Thanks,

Yash

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Screen corner overheating and horizontal lines on Samsung LED TV - UN50J6200AFXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning. I hate to hear that you are having this issue with your TV. Can you please email pictures of the TV to smsupport@sea.samsung.com and use conversation number 24635563 as your subject. 

Please unplug the TV from the wall and do not use the TV for safety reasons. I will also need some additional information from you: 

• Name:
  • Physical Address:
  • Email Address:
  • Home #:
  • Mobile #:
  • Complete Model Code:
  • Complete Serial Number:
  • Place of Purchase:
  • Method of Contact, if service is needed (Email/SMS):
  • Extended Warranty Plan: