JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

(Topic created on: 5/15/16 6:45 AM)
patriceh
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I own a Samsung LED TV 6300 series. The screen on the TV got so hot it melted the corner of the TV and the screen no longer functions. The TV itself was not on for the majority of the day. The TV was on for maybe an hour or so before it did this. There was no warning from the TV of it over heating. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've owned the TV for just a little over 2 years and this incident seems as if the TV was not manufactured correctly as it happened completely unwarranted.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
462 Replies
userzHesXkOsr9
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This just happened to mine as well, the left corner had a black spot, my screen started flickering, and the left corner of the screen frame has actually started melting. I've only had it since 2016, in a safe spot and it was on less than an hour! Is something shorting out and causing this??

0 Likes
userS8KrlsFKww
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I've had the same issue happen to my 50in 6300 model. Bottom right corner overheated suddenly and melted the plastic framing around the screen. I still have sound but picture is black except for a white spot located at that corner . This seems like this could be a fire hazard issue. This TV was only 2 years old and wasn't used daily, there was no warning or indicator that there was an issue. I like Samsung so this is quite concerning, hopefully its just a single model issue since I own other Samsung products.

0 Likes
userYw0xfwEk4q
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My Samsung flat screen also got hot and melted the corner and won't turn on.  Is there a recal or anything with these TVs

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

There is one on the back of the television.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user5cIEOHkLvB
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
0 Likes
mitchothman
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Yes Im convinced as well...Im jus glad my husband was home when this happened...Its a Samsung liabliliy and they keep blowing me off...

0 Likes
usertWQMW3qk7Q
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This has happened to me.  No picture just sound. I have contacted Samsung and gave them all the information that needed and they have yet to get back to me. 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We haven't gotten the additional information that we had requests.  We had requested that you send us e-mails with the pictures of the television.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
adam31575
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

The same thing happened with my un50f6400. When the TV is turned on now it just shows a grey screen except for a silver dollar sized portion in the bottom right corner. When I went to go look at it I noticed that section heats up very quickly and has even melted some of the frame that it's near. If anyone knows what next steps are to replace or repair please let me know. 

0 Likes
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hey Adam! I went ahead and sent a message to you as well. I look forward to hearing from you!

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes