cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userC6j68wiVex
Astronaut

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to us last week as well.  I own and 50 inch Samsung 6300 series LED TV that I purchased back in December 2015.  We woke up one morning to turn on and have a bunch of vertical colored lines across the screen over the picture.  When we got back from work that evening, the screen was completely black with more vertical lines over it.  So the TV is over a year old, I figured it would not be covered by the Samsung warranty I have purchased a four-year warranty through SquareTrade when I purchased the TV on Amazon.  While talking with their tech to diagnose the problem, I noticed that the left corner of the screen got extremely hot and started to melt.  Needless to say, they accepted my claim and a technician is scheduled to come to our place this week to look at it.  I am cautiously hopeful that this issue will be resolved.  However, looking at all these comments it is obvious that this is a pretty common issue with the Samsung 6300 series TVs, and a potentially dangerous one at that.  Why hasn’t Samsung issued a recall?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very sorry to hear userC6j68wiVex, is yours a US model? If so, can you shoot me a message here with the below information: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale:

Model Code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userNfyV6pJFZG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have another one

6200 series

Just melted this morning.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNfyV6pJFZG: Send us a private message with your:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Telephone Number:
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale (if available):

Model Code:
Serial Number:

http://bit.ly/2ihPL97 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNfyV6pJFZG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sent

userl7YQaFLv3n
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hahaha, Samsung called me last week to tell me a second replacement TV had been found, after they tried to cover up and deliver a damaged replacemen initially, and this second TV would be shipped to me. I said great and accepted it. Now they tell me they cancelled my ticket and I need to re-establish one. I literally laughed at this, said I would not be re-establishing a ticket, and if the ticket is not re-opened I will find it necessary to contact a consumer protection agency as well as alert avsforum.com and all their members about the potential for Samsung TVs to flat out melt in their home. What a great Labor Day!!

In summary, temper your expectations when they say they will replace one of their melting TVs. It's a long and grueling journey.

userl7YQaFLv3n
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"However, looking at all these comments it is obvious that this is a pretty common issue with the Samsung 6300 series TVs, and a potentially dangerous one at that.  Why hasn’t Samsung issued a recall?"

It's a very good question. Maybe a consumer protection agency would be better equipped to answer it?

userNfyV6pJFZG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userl7YQaFLv3n:  We're assisting you directly via private messages.  Please keep the conversations there.  

userfuDB6CKZ2M
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2/17/2018

screen also overheated thought this was a isolated problem until reading forum unit is model 6200 11 months old waiting for return call from Samsung told within 24 hours problem is very scary if not caught quickly after seeing so many units with this problem I would think a recall would be made I have 2 more Samsung’s fingers crossed