cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user03jzJegy6Z
Constellation

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series LED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to our TV (Samsung 40 smart tv)....turned it on this morning for my daughter and 45 mins later I came out after getting ready for work and the screen had lines in it. When I looked more closely, I noticed the bottom left corner seemed to be off. When I went to touch the screen to inspect it further, it nearly burned my hand. I noticed the casing had melted as well. Luckily my daughter didn't touch it and I've turned off the TV and unplugged it. 

users70SssiDTX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I smelled buring plastic in my house and found the bottom corner of my TV melting. The TV wasn't even turned on. Will you replace this TV. I have been a loyal customer of Samsung for a long time. I have 4 other TV's in my house are there issues with other TV's VERY CONCERNED

Model number is un50j6200afxza

s/n 04kd3chgb00382d

Feenixx7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to my second JS9000. I noticed it was getting really hot and now the screen looks like its bleeding black blotches from the edges after its on for a short period of time. You would think as expensive as this TV was it would last longer. VERY Poor quality. I tried talking to a Samsung rep and they told me its out of warranty so I will have to pay to get it repaired but after this I dont want to even take the risk of it happening for a 3rd time...so there is no way Im buying another Samsung TV...fire hazard!

usernwYfp88sfM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with a JS8500. "bleeding black blotches from the edges" is a good way to describe it. I sent pictures to Samsung. Curious what their response will be. I'm reading around 158 degrees F on the top left edge. I'm worried there might be a catastrophic failure (smoke, sparks, etc...) as other people have mentioned in the community.

Kevin

usernwYfp88sfM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm curious, anyone out there having this problem with a full-array TV or is the problem only affecting edge-lit TV's?

userEgYrGgaAD0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I got a Samsung J5200 50"-Class Full HD Smart LED TV in July 2017, there where cheaper options but I went for Samsung thinking of quality but as many other people in here it overheated and a corner of the tv melted, it has sound but a black screen, this happens only a year and a half later, it is not only a money concern but a safety one, this tv is a fire hazard, I leave this Tv on when I leave for my dog, I'm glad this happened while I was home because it was really hot; I sent a PM to SamsungCole with all the info requested, I need a solution.

Thank you.

Innomas
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same just happened today with my 50" 6300 series TV.

A melting spot appeared in the left bottom corner with the horizontal lines through the screen. 

userBOrizGpbEb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung UN50J6300 Smart TV apparently overheated today and now the screen is black. I had no idea there have been issues of this nature from Samsung TVs or I would not have purchased it three years ago. I called Samsumg today, but of course the representative could not help. It is a shame that the appliances of today are made of such poor quality and craftsmanship. One previous tv I owned lasted approximately 25 years and another one I still use is about 20 years old.

Furthermore, I purchased three new Samsung appliances for my kitchen. Two of those appliances have already had issues. In fact, the microwave will need to be replaced or repaired with a $150 part. I will NEVER  buy a Samsung product again. It is ridiculous that companies would manufacture such crappy products and not expect people to spread the word or search online for information. 

useraQt9RG5qMR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We just had the same issue last night. The TV is 6 years old, but I'm still really disappointed in this hardware. Not only is it crazy for a high end TV to fail after 6 years, but this failure mechanism is really scary! This could've started a fire in our house if we hadn't been sitting right there!

userl0Q4AHQo4o
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a 60 inch Samsung. The sides from top to bottom get really hot after 15min from turning on. And I just started to notice that both sides of the screen, again, from top to bottom, are beginning to lighten dramatically.

Is this safe?

Robert DeLeon
SmartVenue2015@gmail.com