Repairs made! The Tech came out yesterday and replacee the screen (it's amazing how few components reside in the casing). Probably took 45 minutes all in all. Samsung made this happen fairly quickly and it's much appreciated.
Make sure you contact Samsung directly (not just through this forum), and as mentioned previously, offer to send your repair company (independent from Samsung most likley as in my case) a photo of the issue. It helped my folks to be certain of their diagnosis prior to coming out.
I bought a Samsung TV two years ago, and the same thing just happenedto me. I noticed a burning smell and white smoke started coming out of the TV. I quickly turned it off and unplugged it. I need some help with this issue.
My update: I called customer service last Friday and explained the situation. The CS rep sent me to the next 'level up'. They called me back on Monday. Made an appointment for them to come and take pics on Friday. They called me back and said I could just send them the pics myself if I preferred to expedite the process. The tech texted me the number to send the pics. He called me the next morning as I hadn't sent them yet. I did so right away and he called me back within the hour to let me know they were ordering the parts and it would take a couple of days for them to arrive. They called me yesterday and scheduled the repair for next Tuesday. So far so good!
The exact same thing happened to my Samsung 50" UN50EH5300 television. The unit was on for about two hours. I left the television on while I went out for about 30 minutes. When I returned my apartment smelled like something was burning. Upon inspection I noted that the lower left corner of the television frame is melted, and there seems to be a coil of some sort showing through the screen when it is on.
Not only do do I not have a functioning television at this point, but I am scared to death. My dog was at home when this occurred and I am horrified to think what could have happened. Samsung televisions are all that I own. At this point I don't feel safe with the remaining sets in my home. I am shocked that this seems to be such a large problem and that Samsung has not addressed it publicly, or offered a recall or repair program. The potential for liability is huge!
I'm not sure who to contact at this point. Could any of you that have obtained service offer a suggestion?
I wanted to make a post to help you all get in touch with me directly so I can look into your issue for you. Can you please provide the following via a private message? http://bit.ly/2igAXKH
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)
Picture(s) of Melted Portion of the Screen:
I will need this information to look into this issue for you. Also, I am marking this post as a "solution" to help new comers see this post. Please let me know if you have any questions, Thanks.
Same issue here. Last night after being on for 2 hrs our 50 inch j6200afxza started displaying horizontal lines across the screen with a black spot in the corner that became too hot to touch. I was worried it would melt the case.
Well, I turned it on the next day hoping for a reset or something magical, no luck, immediate overheat and the case started to melt, just over 1 yr old! weak. Now I just found out my Samsung washer is a threat to explode! nice.