Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userXvrzHz4348
Constellation

Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series

Hello, I own model UN50J6300AF.
The screen on the TV got so hot it melted the corner of the TV and the screen shows whacked out colors, lines going across the entire screen. This is very very unacceptable. The TV is not even 3 years old. We don't even use the TV all day, or anywhere near the amout of time an expensive electronic like this will be "overheated".  We use it maybe 10 hours a week. T There was no warning from the TV of it over heating. 

Has anyone had this problem before?

https://imgur.com/a/OjiKtGF

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Screen overheating and melting corner of TV - 6300 series

@ userXvrzHz4348 I would be happy to investigate this further. Can you please send a Private Message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the following information:

Serial number:

Full Name

Physical address

Email address

Best contact phone number

Place of purchase

userXvrzHz4348
Constellation

Hi SamsungHealth,

PM is sent.

Thank you.

userXvrzHz4348
Constellation

After multiple PMs w/ various Samsung Reps on here, I was directed to a different department.

Today 1/25/2019, I received an email from noreply.svc@sea.samsung.com but no information regarding how the exchange will take place or how long I should expect to wait. 

My question is, what is then the exchange process, and how long should I expect this to take?

See email below:

*** This is a system-generated email from an unmonitored mailbox. Please do not reply ***

Dear MY NAME,

Your service exchange request has been approved.
Service Ticket Number: 4149351916

For real time repair status, please click the Repair Self Tracking button on the right.

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM(EST).

Did you know you can receive up to the minute service updates via text messaging? Just send your Service Order transaction number or the word "status" to 908-280-0001. You can also send "Help" for a full list of commands.

userXvrzHz4348
Constellation

Hello,

On Jan 28 Monday, I got an email saying my exchange was allocated and it may take up to 2 days for carrier.

It is Feb 4 Mondaytoday, 7 days later, and I have not gotten a follow up.

Could you please look into this for me and see what the current status is?

Thank you, email is below :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

149. Your Exchange Request has been allocated. [Ticket: 4149351916]

*** This is a system-generated email from an unmonitored mailbox. Please do not reply ***

Dear MY NAME,

A replacement product for your service exchange is being processed.

Please note it may take up to 2 business days for the unit to be released to the carrier.
Service Ticket Number: 4149351916

For real time repair status, please click the Repair Self Tracking button on the right.

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM(EST).

Did you know you can receive up to the minute service updates via text messaging? Just send your Service Order transaction number or the word "status" to 908-280-0001. You can also send "Help" for a full list of commands.

shady
Halo

Wow, I am shocked that they are covering a 3 yr old TV.....must be an issue they are aware of.

Congrats for you! 

userWKMjVEfjR7
Constellation

I woke up today to the same problem. I have a Samsung 50" Class Smart LED TV - UN50J6200 TV and it was purchased in October 2015. Now the shocking part of this was the was off and we were aseep wTV was off when this occured. We heard a noise during the night but though it may have been from outside.  Now I think it was from this TV. The lower left hand corner melted and the TV is inoperative. This is a definite fire hazard and after researching this on line this morning, I can see it is a comon problem and Samsung is aware of it. This TV and other models affected should be recalled. I want a refund or exchange (Non-fire hazard model please) TV. That's only fair seeing you (Samsung) has known about this issue and failed to warn consumers or recalled your defective product.