cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Server under maintenance

I just bought a TU7000 TV and can't get past the setup and registration because I keep getting the error "server under maintenance". I tried to register via the Smart Things software but it hangs at 99% then I get a error message"Something went erong". I have tried to register for the past 3 days BUT still getting the same error. My internet connection is solid. I called Samsung support and they had me reset the Smart Hub and reset to factory settings BUT still can't register the TV. At this point, all I have is a big flat brick. Does anybody have a solution to this crazy problem???

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Server under maintenance

I had not have this problem, atleast yet, I orded a 4k tu7000 43" tv the 23th of July and I am waiting for the delivery, it's going to arrive here in the 26th of July, If I also see the same problem and find a way how to fix it I can help you probably.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same model. Same issue. I unpowered the TV for a full day and tried again and it worked! Then it stopped working again about two days later. I can use my existing apps, but any Samsung service like TV Plus or the app store simply will not connect. I can reset the TV, but then am back in the same position of being unable to accept terms.

I think this TV was the worst investment I made all year and is definitely a 2020 product.

Highlighted
Constellation

In my case, I foud that some of the domains the TV is trying to connect to were blocked by my DNS (I run Pi-hole to block a lot of adverts across all devices) and some of the Samsung domains are on the blocked list - specifically gpm.samsungqbe.com and vdterms.samsungcloudsolution.com.  There may be others.

The fix for me was to simply add those domains to the whitelist, reset the Hub and TV and retry things and it all worked after that.  If you continue to see the same behavior, I would check the DNS server that the TV is configured for or set it to another one such as Google 8.8.8.8 or CloudFlare 1.1.1.1 before attempting setup again.

Additionally, you can check from another computer that uses the same networks settings for DNS and confirm that the following addresses all resolve (ex: nslookup <domain>) and do not report any failures:

• config.samsungads.com
  • gpm.samsungqbe.com
  • lcprd1.samsungcloudsolution.net
  • log-config.samsungacr.com
  • oempprd.samsungcloudsolution.com
  • vdterms.samsungcloudsolution.com

I also contacted support via chat and their solution to 'turn off the TV and let it rest' is just a shot in the dark and hoping that networking/DNS issues resolve themselves.  Hopefully the above relating to a 'formal' list of things to check such as DNS resolution can be used as part of troubleshooting.