user9v9S3J7Rl8
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

Straight off the bat I want to mention the fact that I am NOT interested in:

1. Streaming from PC to TV.

2. Mirroring from PC to TV.

3. Use 3rd party app or Samsung App to view movies from my PC to the TV.

4. Use an HDMI cable to connect the 2 devices.

5. Any other method such as using a NAS or anything other than what I am describing below.

I am trying to view Shared Folders from my Windows 10 PC, on my Samsung TV 55NU7102, via Wi-fi.

1. I have enabled Media Sharing from Windows 10 and I have tested with a 2nd laptop using wi-fi and I am able to access the shared folders from the local area network (LAN), without any issue.

2. I am able to view movies and even subtitles load properly if they have the same name as the movie, but ONLY if I place the movies and subtitles in my PC under the default "Videos" folder, which is the same as C:\Users\PCname\Videos . 

3. Since I am able to view videos from default folders on my PC, such as Pictures/Movies/Music..etc. I do NOT understand why I am not able to view the Shared Folders from the local area network on my TV.

Can anyone please explain why this is not working, how can I make it work, or is it not supposed to work?

user9v9S3J7Rl8
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I don't know why I have not thought of doing that as well.

Your final step basically resolves my entire issue, even though it adds another folder I need to click, I can finally access any shared file through these options.

@userIrRZX79VS2 THANK YOU ! ! ! ! ! ! !

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We're glad that you're up and running.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userMGlAiT4yvF
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Also, Samsung uses the Windows Media Player to control what is seen in the folders on the TV. If you open Windows Media Player on your computer you can add folders there to any library you want. Keep in mind that if you delete a file on the computer it does not nescessarily delete the reference in the folder on the TV. You have to also delete the reference to it in Media Player to get it to disappear from the TV folder. This works for me on Windows 7 and 8.

ximcix
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you for adding this bit.
My TV was showing videos stored on a secondary HDD that I hardly use. I had to open Windows Media Player (which I also hardly use) and let it update it's library

I have a couple old HDDs that I removed from older computers & keep them in this current one. I guess since I don't really use Windows Media Player since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, it is pointing to one of the older drives.

Bless up!

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4OZFVB9WDs
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is a most excellent reply.  It works if you follow instructions.  I have been looking so long, and this was a simple fix to make things work.   Awesome reply again...

userwsJzumx95y
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Many thanks. This solved my issue.

0 Likes
userZ7cSygs7s5
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you sir! This helped me a bunch

0 Likes
ESH
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi,

I am now able to acces the files over the local network from the TV. Although it is not detecting the MKV files. But WMV files are visible and working fine. Please let me know if it can be played. Thank you

Note: Same MKV files are working playing while accesing via External HDD or pen drive.

0 Likes
userjuKa7eaOsa
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So this originally worked for me.. My issue though was that my Videos folder's default location did not have much storage space. I changed the location by right clicking the Videos folder, and going to Location and changing the location where the files in the Videos folder are stored. (I changed it to D:\Movies) Once I did this, on the TV, when I go Videos -> Folder -> where once there was the additional folder called Videos, it now says No Content Found. What do I need to do to rectify this problem? Thanks

0 Likes