cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBEPjQtMleQ
Astronaut

Re: Sharing folders from PC to Samsung TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. My Windows 10 settings are as described by @ SamsungGill. My videos are in a nonstandard folder on a HD that is not my main C drive. The top level folder and its subfolders are all shared. Security settings on all folders and files grant Everyone Read and Read/Execute (I have also tried giving Everyone FULL access). The TV displays the folders but shows them EMPTY. That's the problem.

The videos are all .mp4 or .mkv files. My Kindle, Samsung phone and other computers can view them through the network, no problem. The TV is the only device that cannot do it. 

The Smart View app works to some extent - it plays videos from the computer to the TV, but after about 5 minutes  a message appears on the TV that says check the network connection, then the video stops and the next one starts. 

My Windows event log shows no relevant errors or networking events. The TV was purchased in Seattle from a large retailer, and I am using it in Seattle. 

Why can the TV see the folders but not the files? This used to work, but after I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a new HD,  the TV now shows folders only. 

mooksyNZ
Asteroid

Re: Sharing folders from PC to Samsung TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't use a shield like most but if you simply make your home PC (if you have one) a media streaming device (turn 'on' UPNP in your router config too), then basically your TV should be able to see it. My Samsung 82 inch NU8000 will see the network media folder & stored HDD files and will easily play my 80GB MKV 2160p files flawlessly over 5ghz wifi and transport the bit stream audio too straight from the TV not the PC. Although one down point, Samsung were stupid to leave out being able to transport DTS, DST-MA audio which makes a lot of files play without audio. I have yet to find a work around on it for those encoders who didn't add DD audio to the file to alleviate the problem. Hope this helps those looking for a cheaper alternative.