JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Hub Not letting me install apps because "Smart Hub is Upgrading"

(Topic created: 04-30-2016 05:31 AM)
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After I installed my SEK-3500 to my UN50HU6950F I was super excited to test out all of the upgraded features, only to find out that once I get to the smart hub that I'm not allowed to download apps. It was quite disappointing. I keep on getting "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error. So i leave it sit for 24 hours and try again. Still getting the same error. So i restored the tv to factory settings, unplugged the evolution kit, and restored the TV without the evolution kit to factory settings as well. Everything is updated firmware. I can install apps fine before I plugged in my evolution kit, but I still can't afterwards. Then I call up samsung. They ended up transfering me to remote management who resets everything again, the guy ends up saying that he doesn't know why its not working and then says he is going to transfer me to his supervisor. Ten minutes later I get hung up on without talking to anyone else.  So i play around with the settings, and I notice that when its redownloading the stock apps in the smarthub I get a download error. Also I'm missing my playstation now app. I gave up for the night and went to bed.

Today, I called back and the guy on the other line did the same steps the other guy did and then left to go talk to people and the guy said that one of his coworkers had a similar issue today and that they think it's a problem on samsungs servers.

I am a bit frusterated with the whole situation, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with there TV and or Evolution kit that has a solution on how to fix it.

Thank you for your help!

135 Replies
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sure they can help you easily.  Sorry I didn't have AT&T router to help you better.  But I hate the feeling you have of the not having the TV working.  Let me know please when you get it working. 

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Maybe unplug TV. 

Let power light go off. Then contact  AT&T.  Block cloudfront.net with AT&T while talking to them.  Then you'll be ahead of time in the instructions. 

0 Likes
heyjude
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Called ATT.  They tried troubleshooting, but did not see any problem on their end, which I didn't think there would be anyway.  They did not know what cloudfront.net was either, so we couldn't do that.  They suggested manually inputting DNS server to 4.2.2.1, but I wasnt sure how to get to that.  I see in the manual how to do it now, but am hesitant to try it on my own and screw up the wi fi.

Seems to be a major defect in Samsung - doesn't surprise me at all. This TV was WAY expensive, and to only last 2 years is almost fraud.

Any other ideas, I'm all ears.  

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes there is no problem with AT&T. 

The problem is that your one connect Box connected to your TV is in a BOOTLOOP. One of the Apps has a problem. It can not update because of the problem. So you get the updating error. 

Cloudfront.net 

This is the URL(ALSO KNOWN AS WEBSITE YOU ARE TRYING TO BLOCK) 

What happens is.

Unplugging TV and draining all power disconnects the TV from cloudfront.net. 

When you you turn on the TV while cloudfront.net is blocked it can't connect to Samsung. (CLOUDFRONT.NET) 

To update the Apps that have a problem. So they stop trying to update. Then when you unblock cloudfront.net 

It goes back to normal. 

There is no problem with AT&T you just need to block a website and unblock it. Question to AT&T was how do I block a website and then unblock it. 

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

READ THIS TO AT&T

THIS IS THE FIX I HAVE TO DO.

Turn TV off unplug power wait for Power LIGHT on TV to go off. You can do this before you call AT&T. 

On the Router I have to block a URL called  cloudfront.net

Then I have to.

Turn TV on and let it let it boot and load all apps and try to connect to Samsung which is cloudfront.net. Which it won't because it's blocked. This stops an App that has a problem from trying to update. 

Then I have to

Open Apps on my TV. And I Should have no pictures on the Apps. But I should be able to see a Download button now.

Then I have to unblock cloudfront.net. 

Then 

Turn off TV. Turn on TV.

Plain and simple. If the AT&T tech

doesn't understand than something is wrong with the tech. Really not sure why Samsung hasn't fixed this yet.

0 Likes
heyjude
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

When your Sansumg tech came out, did he fix the Smart Hub issue?  I'm looking at anything I can do to fix this myself, but calling Samsung support ISN'T the answer.  I don't think anyone there knows a thing about their job.  I just keep getting "Smart Hub is updating, try again later".  No one ever addressed WHY this is happening.  They said "software", now I'm seeing its hardware or software,  which is it?  Looking at" Best Buy" to see if their geeks squad can bring it back to normal.

0 Likes
heyjude
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I can get into my router from my laptop, and I do know Smart tVs IP address. However I cannot find anywhere that says you are Advanced website blocking or cloud front. Also there is nothing that shows URLListings. I can see where the Smart TV is listed, but it does not let me click on anything. Any ideas? I have a Motorola NVG589. Samsungs troubleshooting is completely useless. Not sure they even know how to read English.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes
heyjude
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Also if cloud front is such a problem, why am I putting it back in? And if so, won't this happen every time I try to open Snart Hub it update?
0 Likes
SamsungSamantha
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, Antithesis. Using the instructions provided in the link below, please set your TV’s country to something else (For example, Afghanistan). Repeating the same instructions, set the country back to the United States. Does this resolve your issue?

http://bit.ly/24CYMyr

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
heyjude
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

No. I've done this twice. Issue persists. 

0 Likes