JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Hub Not letting me install apps because "Smart Hub is Upgrading"

(Topic created: 04-30-2016 07:35 AM)
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After I installed my SEK-3500 to my UN50HU6950F I was super excited to test out all of the upgraded features, only to find out that once I get to the smart hub that I'm not allowed to download apps. It was quite disappointing. I keep on getting "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error. So i leave it sit for 24 hours and try again. Still getting the same error. So i restored the tv to factory settings, unplugged the evolution kit, and restored the TV without the evolution kit to factory settings as well. Everything is updated firmware. I can install apps fine before I plugged in my evolution kit, but I still can't afterwards. Then I call up samsung. They ended up transfering me to remote management who resets everything again, the guy ends up saying that he doesn't know why its not working and then says he is going to transfer me to his supervisor. Ten minutes later I get hung up on without talking to anyone else.  So i play around with the settings, and I notice that when its redownloading the stock apps in the smarthub I get a download error. Also I'm missing my playstation now app. I gave up for the night and went to bed.

Today, I called back and the guy on the other line did the same steps the other guy did and then left to go talk to people and the guy said that one of his coworkers had a similar issue today and that they think it's a problem on samsungs servers.

I am a bit frusterated with the whole situation, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with there TV and or Evolution kit that has a solution on how to fix it.

Thank you for your help!

135 Replies
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sorry I'm out of town on a short vacation so I can't answer about the Apps. I will get back to you Monday. All I Remember is a bunch of Apps that I didn't download found out my son did a reset on my smart hub. That's why this whole mess started for me. As much as I read on it seems to point to lines of code for Game Fly.

0 Likes
KingVilla1955
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello, I am having similar issue regarding my Samsung Smart TV model UA49J5200 having a smarthub built in, such as Netflix YouTube etc.

But to my surprise I can’t find and how to install any app on my TV. When login into Samsung account I am able to see lot of apps built in but can’t find any option to search or install. 

Could anyone help me with this issue? I am trying to install a new different apps, I’m very frustrated.

Hope to hear from the experienced members here.

Thank you

King Villa 1955
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@ usermpg5fllAjY Is it all apps or specific apps? Can you access the built-in apps and stream from them? The model number you provided is an international one. Specifications and features vary from region to region. This media is for US models support and service. If you need further assistance, please reach out to the Samsung office in your region. Here is a link to find their support page and contact information: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

KingVilla1955
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello moderator, yes I can access the many built-in apps just fine within the Smart Hub, and they category by Movie, News etc. but there is no function Search function let alone the Install app function. (Although I have gone through all those built in app one by one and by their category but the app I needed is not there)

I have done a lot of search both google and YouTube but to why my Samsung smart tv doest have the install app feature.

Just for your information, I like to install HBOGO on my tv so that’s I can watch Games of Thrones. (I’m aware that’s I needed VPN, and have HBO account) 

Thank you 

King Villa 1955
0 Likes
heyjude
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Galaxy7 - Could you please give more details to your fix?  I don't see any red LED light on the TV.  My wi fi router is a floor away, so are you saying there's a red light on THAT?  Do I push "power button" on the TV or on the wi fi router? How do I block cloudfront.net?  Is that done on your computer?  Sorry for many questions. Please clarify, as this sounds good if I can do it right!  Thanks.

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Turn TV off unplug power wait for Power LIGHT on TV to go off. 

(Assuming you know how to sing on to the Router)

On the Router in the firewall settings URL page. I blocked cloudfront.net

Turn TV on now let it load. (2 minutes) 

Open Apps. Should have no pictures on the Apps. But you should be able to see a Download button now.

Now unblock cloudfront.net. (Delete it)

Turn off TV. Turn on TV.

Let me know if you need more help. No Problem! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

heyjude, Are you still in need of assistance. Thank you.

0 Likes
heyjude
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes. I don't know how to sign on to the ATT router.   Much appreciated if you can help me get the Smart hub back! Just keep saying  "updating" but it never does.

0 Likes
heyjude
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Do I do the router thing on my laptop, or push buttons on the router itself?
0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Using a computer connected to theAT&T router, open an Internet browser and type 192.168.1.254 to login toweb-based control panel. Enter the password, if required (the password will be on your router unit usually).

0 Likes