JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Hub Not letting me install apps because "Smart Hub is Upgrading"

(Topic created: 05-08-2016 05:42 AM)
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After I installed my SEK-3500 to my UN50HU6950F I was super excited to test out all of the upgraded features, only to find out that once I get to the smart hub that I'm not allowed to download apps. It was quite disappointing. I keep on getting "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error. So i leave it sit for 24 hours and try again. Still getting the same error. So i restored the tv to factory settings, unplugged the evolution kit, and restored the TV without the evolution kit to factory settings as well. Everything is updated firmware. I can install apps fine before I plugged in my evolution kit, but I still can't afterwards. Then I call up samsung. They ended up transfering me to remote management who resets everything again, the guy ends up saying that he doesn't know why its not working and then says he is going to transfer me to his supervisor. Ten minutes later I get hung up on without talking to anyone else.  So i play around with the settings, and I notice that when its redownloading the stock apps in the smarthub I get a download error. Also I'm missing my playstation now app. I gave up for the night and went to bed.

Today, I called back and the guy on the other line did the same steps the other guy did and then left to go talk to people and the guy said that one of his coworkers had a similar issue today and that they think it's a problem on samsungs servers.

I am a bit frusterated with the whole situation, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with there TV and or Evolution kit that has a solution on how to fix it.

Thank you for your help!

135 Replies
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
0 Likes
Benkc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Once in your router configuration screen, there should be a firewall or parental area to block such websites as "cloudfront.net" (NO spaces or quotation marks) which you need to manually enter, character by character - no preset choice available.  If your ISP is AT&T , they should be about to help you; or follow the users manual. You may need to bridge another router that can block this website more easily.

Once this website no longer sends the corrupted app to the plugged in SmarTV, and THEN the tv is COMPLETELY powered off, when powered back, the "updating" loop no longer applies as long as the corrupted default app is not again selected.

0 Likes
renelegacy
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just got a new Samsung tv and was having the updating issue. I found your solution posted and I'm trying to enter the URL as you said cloudfront.net into the blocked sites in my router, but my router is failing to validate the URL. I've tried typing just like shown (no http, no www) and also using the http://www.cloudfront.net and also just www.cloudfront.net (no dashes or spaces) and it keeps failing to validate the site. The best I could do was to add "cloudfront" as a blocked keyword. Any ideas?

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Cloudfront.net 

Did try that? And just add every one. All at the same time. 

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After you add all. Unplug TV and drain all power. Press and hold and move the power button until the power LED turns off. Plug back in and see if that does it.

0 Likes
Benkc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Once in your router configuration screen, there should be a firewall or parental area to block such websites as "cloudfront.net" (NO spaces or quotation marks) which you need to manually enter, character by character - no preset choice available.  If your ISP is AT&T , they should be about to help you; or follow the users manual. You may need to bridge another router that can block this website more easily.

Once this website no longer sends the corrupted app to the plugged in SmarTV, and THEN the tv is COMPLETELY powered off, when powered back, the "updating" loop no longer applies as long as the corrupted default app is not again selected.

0 Likes
adoubleron
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Having the same issue. I used opendns to block the website cloudfront.net (which must have something do to with Amazon, cause Amazon's website does not load right when the block is active. my router did not have the option to block only one domain, rather vice versa, type only allowed domains). Anyway, site is blocked, I unplug tv for 2+ minutes (red light is gone). Plug TV back in, it loads up quickly (none of this 2 minute wait as mentioned). I go to the smart hub apps and sure enough all the logos are missing. However, I still cannot install anything new. Same error, "smart hub is being updated. please try again later."  So I decided to reset the smart hub in the tv menu. When I try to start smart hub up, it gives me a no internet error (due to block). So I unblock from opendns, and then try again and TV (evo kit) re-sets up smart hub, but I am back to the same issue of not being able to install new apps. I did the whole process again with no luck. 

Something I am mising? 

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

1. Turn TV off unplug power wait for red LED to go off. (Or push power button)

2. On the Router in the firewall settings URL page. I blocked cloudfront.net

3. Turn TV on now let it load. (2 minutes) 

Open Apps. Should have no pictures on the Apps. But you should be able to see a Download button now.

4. Now unblock cloudfront.net.

5. Turn off TV. Turn on TV

0 Likes
heyjude
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I don't have a URL list nor anything I can click on to change, block or delete. I have a Motorola NVG589 ATT  router.  So I cannot find not change cloud front 

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Sorry this is so hard for you heyjude. AT&T is your problem. From what I've read the Motorola NVG589 ATT  router has no simple way to do this block. You have to call AT&T again. You have no idea what to look for or what to do to accomplish it. This is the best way for you to do this.

READ THIS TO AT&T 

I have a problem with my Samsung Smart TV. There is no problem with AT&T or The Samsung website. The problem is an app that will not update on my TV. I have to block a URL named  cloudfront.net. This will stop the app from trying to update. Then unblock cloudfront.net will put everything back to normal. 

NOW- 

THIS IS THE FIX I HAVE TO DO.

1. Turn TV off unplug power wait for Power LIGHT on TV to go off. You can do this before you call AT&T. 

On the Router I have to block a URL called  cloudfront.net

Then I have to.

Turn TV on and let it let it boot and load all apps and try to connect to Samsung which is cloudfront.net. Which it won't because it's blocked. This stops an App that has a problem from trying to update. 

Then I have to

Open Apps on my TV. And I Should have no pictures on the Apps. But I should be able to see a Download button now.

Then I have to unblock cloudfront.net. 

Then 

Turn off TV. Turn on TV.

0 Likes