JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Hub Not letting me install apps because "Smart Hub is Upgrading"

(Topic created: 05-24-2016 09:32 AM)
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After I installed my SEK-3500 to my UN50HU6950F I was super excited to test out all of the upgraded features, only to find out that once I get to the smart hub that I'm not allowed to download apps. It was quite disappointing. I keep on getting "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error. So i leave it sit for 24 hours and try again. Still getting the same error. So i restored the tv to factory settings, unplugged the evolution kit, and restored the TV without the evolution kit to factory settings as well. Everything is updated firmware. I can install apps fine before I plugged in my evolution kit, but I still can't afterwards. Then I call up samsung. They ended up transfering me to remote management who resets everything again, the guy ends up saying that he doesn't know why its not working and then says he is going to transfer me to his supervisor. Ten minutes later I get hung up on without talking to anyone else.  So i play around with the settings, and I notice that when its redownloading the stock apps in the smarthub I get a download error. Also I'm missing my playstation now app. I gave up for the night and went to bed.

Today, I called back and the guy on the other line did the same steps the other guy did and then left to go talk to people and the guy said that one of his coworkers had a similar issue today and that they think it's a problem on samsungs servers.

I am a bit frusterated with the whole situation, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with there TV and or Evolution kit that has a solution on how to fix it.

Thank you for your help!

135 Replies
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Does anyone know if samsung fixed this issue? 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Some customers had this issue temporarily.  Is this trouble that you're still having?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes, I don't think the issue is resolved; The community used a work around, but if you do a restore of the TV the issue will continue to persist until you do the work around again

0 Likes
Dfunky
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I, too, have this issue.  I have tried both the work around and changing the country to something different and back. Anything elese I can try?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Can you please confirm the model and serial number of your television? Thank You ^Heath 

0 Likes
Dfunky
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

SamsungHeath.........did you get my model and ser# i replied with?    Any advise?

0 Likes
Jbwiljr
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Blocked cloudfront.net through Open DNS and verified through my computer that it is in fact blocked.  Tried all methods mentioned and still not fixed.  Interestingly, I changed my country code to British Virgin Islands and the Smart Hub test passes.  When I switch back to USA the Smart Hub is stuck upgrading and the Smart Hub test fails on App test.  Oh, and I have the Netflix affliction, too.

Frustrating to buy a $400 piece of electronics that does not do everything it is supposed to do.   

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Yes this is still an issue. We shouldn't have to block cloud front.net on out routers for any of this to work. Further more, some routers do not have the ability to block a single url. My Belkin router does not. I am not spending another $200 on a router to get a brand new $400 SEK 3500 to work as part of a work around that other users are recommending. Samsung has not recommended this solution and as far as i know they have not properly addressed this issue.
0 Likes
heyjude
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

SAMSUNG'S TECH DEPT. SUCKS!!  Here's what we had to do.  We have a UN55F9000 Smart TV.  After a ton of calls to Samsung, and them remotely taking control and repeating all the same stupid steps, I gave up.  I called a local repair place and they charged $99.99 to come out to fix it.  It was worth it, wish I would have done it 2 weeks sooner.  What he did was do a FACTORY RESET, different than just a reset that we can all do on the Hub.  Samsung could have easily told me, or walked me thru this reset, but NEVER mentioned doing it.  Like everyone else, I thought I had to block cloudfront and go thru all that, but my Motorola router doesn't allow blocking of URLs.  This factory reset turns your TV back to when it came out of the box, so any adjustments you made from the menu will have to be done again, but that's no big deal.

So here's what the repairman did, and I asked him if he would show me what he did, in case I lose the hub again, and he was generous enough to do it again, so I could write down the steps.  Its easy, but you have to follow these exact steps.

TV off - make sure red light is off too.  Hit in succession MUTE, 1  8  2  , then POWER ON. (Big Red button on your TV remote, mine is top left).  Then scroll down to OPTION - SVC - Hit select button - APPS RESET, Hit select button again, hit right arrow on remote - WAIT - Then MENU - SVC RESET, hit select button again, then if you did this all correctly, TV shuts off automatically.  I can't remember if it turns on again automatically or not, but when you get the TV back on, and hit Smart Hub, it will be back, and you can then download your favorite apps back in, some may still be there.  Check it to make sure you can get on the internet, such as YouTube. 

If this helps even one very frustrated person, I will be happy.

He warned me to be careful and only hit on what he said, as its easy to screw things up if you hit the wrong stuff.

galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I tried that before I called Samsung. The Tech. I had walked me threw it again. They called back to Remote Connect and did it again. Still did not fix the problem. They put the Blame on someone else. Like check your Router make sure UPNP is turned on. And call XFINITY to help. I explained to them that i have 2 Smart Blu-ray players made by Samsung. Both are on the same network and they can download anything. It's not the Router it's not XFINITY. Silence....  Then I was asked is there anything else I can assist you with today? That's when I knew I was on my own. 

0 Likes