JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Hub Not letting me install apps because "Smart Hub is Upgrading"

(Topic created: 06-07-2016 09:16 AM)
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After I installed my SEK-3500 to my UN50HU6950F I was super excited to test out all of the upgraded features, only to find out that once I get to the smart hub that I'm not allowed to download apps. It was quite disappointing. I keep on getting "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error. So i leave it sit for 24 hours and try again. Still getting the same error. So i restored the tv to factory settings, unplugged the evolution kit, and restored the TV without the evolution kit to factory settings as well. Everything is updated firmware. I can install apps fine before I plugged in my evolution kit, but I still can't afterwards. Then I call up samsung. They ended up transfering me to remote management who resets everything again, the guy ends up saying that he doesn't know why its not working and then says he is going to transfer me to his supervisor. Ten minutes later I get hung up on without talking to anyone else.  So i play around with the settings, and I notice that when its redownloading the stock apps in the smarthub I get a download error. Also I'm missing my playstation now app. I gave up for the night and went to bed.

Today, I called back and the guy on the other line did the same steps the other guy did and then left to go talk to people and the guy said that one of his coworkers had a similar issue today and that they think it's a problem on samsungs servers.

I am a bit frusterated with the whole situation, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with there TV and or Evolution kit that has a solution on how to fix it.

Thank you for your help!

135 Replies
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Just been waiting. 

Funny how cloudfront.net blocking no longer works. That was a fast fix...

3 Remote connect. Now I have no Netflix and the Upgrading issue. Really not a good way to troubleshoot. 

Told i have the latest Firmware version. 

UN55HU9000F

SEK-3500U Ver. 1452

Not sure if Samsung knows the latest Version. 

Told the Rep. If you reset the Hub I will no longer be able to download apps. His answer no this will fix the issue. 

0 Likes
ZZ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Has anyone heard if this problem has been fixed

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Not on mine! I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting. 

0 Likes
ZZ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
For 400 dollars seems they would have things working had to go back to my old one connect
It works fine with it
0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'll post it. So everyone knows. Just waiting, waiting, waiting. 

0 Likes
ZZ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After dealing with all the people at support for days an many hours they said the sek-3500 is defective now I have to wait for them to send me e-mail on replacing my unit

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This has been done before. Only to find out the new one does the same thing. 

0 Likes
ZZ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Well that's just great

Let me know if you find anything else out

Really getting frustrated

I have a un55hu9000

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Mine is a UN55HU9000 also. 

0 Likes
Dfunky
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Been watching this forum, looking for answers....thanks to all for doing battle.

I have an UN65F9000 with the same issues when I upgraded to the 3500, so I don't think it is confined to HU models. None of the work arounds even came close to working with my unit. I see modoraters are a little slow with additional information. I'm about ready to pack it up and request a return authorization and credit...should not be this difficult in this day and age to resolve this issue......old 2500 unit workin just fine

0 Likes