JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Hub Not letting me install apps because "Smart Hub is Upgrading"

(Topic created: 04-12-2016 09:36 PM)
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

After I installed my SEK-3500 to my UN50HU6950F I was super excited to test out all of the upgraded features, only to find out that once I get to the smart hub that I'm not allowed to download apps. It was quite disappointing. I keep on getting "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error. So i leave it sit for 24 hours and try again. Still getting the same error. So i restored the tv to factory settings, unplugged the evolution kit, and restored the TV without the evolution kit to factory settings as well. Everything is updated firmware. I can install apps fine before I plugged in my evolution kit, but I still can't afterwards. Then I call up samsung. They ended up transfering me to remote management who resets everything again, the guy ends up saying that he doesn't know why its not working and then says he is going to transfer me to his supervisor. Ten minutes later I get hung up on without talking to anyone else.  So i play around with the settings, and I notice that when its redownloading the stock apps in the smarthub I get a download error. Also I'm missing my playstation now app. I gave up for the night and went to bed.

Today, I called back and the guy on the other line did the same steps the other guy did and then left to go talk to people and the guy said that one of his coworkers had a similar issue today and that they think it's a problem on samsungs servers.

I am a bit frusterated with the whole situation, and i'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with there TV and or Evolution kit that has a solution on how to fix it.

Thank you for your help!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
135 Replies
Jbwiljr
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a new SEK3500 with 1453 firmware and UN65HU8550.  Cloudfront.net block does not work for mine.  Talked to Samsung Saturday morning and after the tech went through his gyrations he said he was putting in for a software upgrade that I should see within 24 to 48 hours.  I told him I already had the latest firmware and he said this was different.  Well I haven't gotten any notification of new software and when I check my tv it says "no new upgrades at this time".  If I unhook the evo box my smart hub works fine.  Hook back up the evo box and it's a no go downloading new apps.  I sure don't want to call back because the next tech will probably start all over and steal another hour of my life I will never get back. 

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Had some free time today. So i reset my TV And Box. Just wanted to see if the work around would still work. Well after everything was setup. I got the Smart Hub is upgrading. So I went through the steps I posted earlier. Well It doesn't seem to work. After 3 attempts still no luck. I just couldn't get it to block cloudfront.net 

So with the TV on and app I wanted to  install chosen. I went to my Router and blocked cloudfront.net then tried to install app. Still got Smart Hub is Upgrading so I unblocked it. On the 3rd block attempt I got just a Download button. Of course clicking it did no good. So i unblocked cloudfront.net. Clicked the download button and it worked. Downloaded a few with no problem. Went ahead and turned off TV to check for changes. Turned it on downloaded an app. no problem. So you don't have to drain the power on the TV. You just have to force the block to work. It took me 3 times to block it.

0 Likes
Oldcaster
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Just Poking around and had to chime in with....

Galaxy7, you have to be one of the most patient humans I have ever come across, Samsung should be paying you, have seen you help more people here than their entire support system. Sorry, but that is just something you do not see in these days and it is refreshing so see someone willing to help out people who would have trouble plugging in a toaster without a manual. Kudo's

Samsung reps - You should be giving this guy a free TV or sending him on a vacation to a place of his choice.

Well Done, you have renewed my faith in humanity, for an hour at least 🙂

Brian
0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks Oldcaster. 

I would rather see someone say 

It worked! 

I got it!

Thanks! 

I don't need that other stuff you mentioned. But we can use that money to fix this problem. 

0 Likes
bchuss
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks for the suggestion, tried it without luck.

After resetting the apps in the Service Menu using the Mute, 1, 8, 2 command and following the SVC reset, when I boot up the TV I go through the UHD Evolution Kit set-up. When I complete it and open the SmartHub, the same message appears (Smart Hub is Updating), and the last step of the SmartHub Connection test fails.

And I've done more iterations of the block/unblock cloudfront.net solution then I care to admit. It's not working for me. I can get the thumbnail pictures to disappear showing that blocking cloudfront.net is doing something, but the "SmartHub is Updating" message always is present before the block is in place, after it's in place, and after it's removed again. Tried this with turning the TV on/off between steps, cycling the router, tried it while remaining on the app page for all the steps, etc.

Samsung, it's time to acknowledge the issue and identify a solution or let us know if/when updated firmware will solve it. I have two transaction numbers from my calls last Friday and Sunday if anyone from Samsung cares to check my notes. This is my second box that fails the SmartHub update. It's not the SEK-3500 box.

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Moderator, is there any update on this issue?  When will Samsung be releasing firmware for this problem.  Smart Hub is not updating (although it says it is.)  Most TV's (mine included) are HU8550 with SEK3500 recently installed using 1453 firmware.  Netflix is also not working, users are receiving black screen with message title cannot be played at this time for 4K content.  Non-4K content plays for a few minutes and then receives same error.  

0 Likes
Antithesis
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey mod, is there any update on this issue; or the Netflix issue; I am now also having the Netflix issue and this problem essentially means that the device I purchased for $400 dollars is almost useless and does offer the service that it is advertised too. It's been over a month and a half now and this issue still hasn't been resolved, or even awknowledged. Could we at least get an acknowledgement that someone knows this issue exists and is working to actively fix it?

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Installed second SEK 3500 today. Still having problems with Netflix and cannot download new apps. It is not a hardware problem. When will Samsung fix this issue?

Moderator, please advise when Samsung will acknowledge there is a problem with the firmware?

0 Likes
galaxy7
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It's always easier to put the blame somewhere else. I'll do some research tomorrow and see if we can try something new. I remember reading about setting up your phone as a WiFi Hotspot. And connecting your TV to the phone. But i can't recall what else was involved. 

0 Likes
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I tried setting up my phone as hotspot and it worked last week but I pressed my luck resetting the smart hub trying to fix the Netflix issue thinking I could use hot spot trick again. I ended up back where I started in the smart hub loop. The TV remembers the hotspot network now too so the hot spot trick doesn't work anymore. Tried changing password for hotspot too but that didn't work either. Is there any functionality to delete networks from the television and re-add them? I've tried blocking cloudfront using an old router but I'm not sure I did it correctly. I may need to try again. I redeployed the old router as a switch so I keep having to factory reset and set it back to switch. Current router doesn't allow for blocking individual urls. 

0 Likes