cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray

Re: Smart Hub Not letting me install apps because "Smart Hub is Upgrading"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like we are all STILL having the same problem.  I would love for Samsung to at least acknowledge that it's a problem and let us know their developers are working on it. Looks like this was a problem about a year ago as well based on other Internet forums. Samsung needs to address this quickly through firmware. 

My replacement SEK 3500 will arrive today from Amazon. I'm not encouraged that it will work any better. Other users have replaced the SEK and continue to have the problem. 

Samsung needs to own up to this problem. 

bchuss
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Count me in the same boat as everyone else here. I received my replacement SEK-3500 from Amazon yesterday. First one experienced the issues described above, and I'm one of the unlucky ones who can't get the "cloudfront.net" blocking to work. It blocks the thumbnail pictures, so I believe the block is in place, but the "Updating SmartHub" message remains under the download button. I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router that allows me to block specific domains/URLs.

Second box is experieincing the same issue as the first...it's not the box.

I've tried on original firmware that ships with the box (1440.4) and updated firmware (1453). Same issue. My TV is UN60HU8550.

SmartHub connection test always fails with error code ERR08005. When I unplug the SEK-3500, SmartHub works fine on the HU8550.

I think what makes me most upset is that on my calls to Samsung support, they don't even recognize it as an issue. "Check firmware, reset SmartHub, send back the box it must be faulty." Seven pages of posts on their own community site, plus pages of posts on the AVS Forum site and posts on Amazon show this is happening for a bunch of people. And it's been happening for weeks.

Figure it out, fix it. This is unacceptable.

usersqIPCEYvpt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get the same "Smart Hub is upgrading please try again later" Error." on my Samsung tv from 2017 when I try install apps. Netflix works, all other apps are not working.

I have contacted Samsung support, and they tried resetting apps, remotely, I have tried a "smarthub reset", a full tv reset, connected via various networks ... but nothing works. 

... Samsung support tells me to send the Tv for repair .. but this will cost me more than a new tv and the repair center told me by phone that it sounded like a SW issue (and I tend to agree)

... So my smart tv is not that smart anymore :-(   .... Any ideas on howto fix this will be highly appriciated!