cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Smart Samsung TV automatically turning off at midnight

Hi,

Has anyone else ever experienced this? I was just watching stranger things with my girlfriend and it went past midnight and the TV just automatically shut off.

This has happened three times in a row each night dead on 12:00.

Everything else is fine, no damage to plugs and other devices are fine. 

TV is updated to the latest version and the batteries in the remote are brand new.

It's really bothering me.

And no, it's not sleep mode before anyone suggests it, I've manually turned it off and I had paused stranger things 20 mins before to go brush my teeth.

Thank you,

Kyle

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart Samsung TV automatically turning off at midnight

Hello. So that we can assist you better, can you provide us with your full model code?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi SamsungBri,

The model is Samsung 43RU7100 43" flat 4k TV.

We bought it off Amazon brand new.

It has repeated itself 3 times so far each time at 12:00 midnight. (Perfect time to go sleep i guess)

Thank you,

Kyle

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try unplugging your unit for about 5 minutes and retrying directly into a wall socket. You may have to factory reset the unit because there may have been a settings change that caused this and a factory reset is the easiest way of revert the settings.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.