JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart TV Reset, Black Screen Issue Resolution

(Topic created on: 12/17/17 7:05 PM)
razal337
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Ok everyone...here is what you need to know. I just got off the phone with Geek Squad. There is an update available. It is not being pushed to everyone's TVs automatically because if Samsung dithat their servers would be brought to their knees. They have been doing selective or rolling updates. That said, if you contact whomever you have service through they will perform the update remotely. (at least this is what Best Buy Geek Squad just did). You do not lose your calibration settings if done correctly. Hope this helps!

255 Replies
userhkbqc6M9ez
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

How do I fix this problem..no sound only buttons moving black screen

0 Likes
userSi60dBoukY
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Need assistance...Samsung Smart TV has little over 2 yrs just went black, audio still playing...please help

0 Likes
userhs5dZ6hyM8
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I just got my mu8000 from Costco because of the good warranty Costco gives you. Well  knock on wood my tv is working great at three weeks. I am asking is this black screen crap happening with Samsung update or is it just happening over time. The people who have the costco warranty that gives you  extra  warranty has that helped to get you a new tv or we Costco owners screwed too.  At the moment I got four year warranty with using my Costco Visa card, I could add three more years with there square trade protection before my 90 days. I liked to hear from you guys.

Thanks 

0 Likes
userw0e2xJrLSy
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Seems to have helped. Thanks.

0 Likes
usernmbOxQYqjy
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This worked for me, nice work Samsung Drew TV guy, dilly dilly!

0 Likes
userFkPRCxAckQ
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This did not help me. Irs bern happening for about 18 months so far and we thought initially it was because of the DirecTv so we had them come out a few tines to no avail. We recently switched to Comcast and the problem remains. What can be done? I tried the factory reset option and nothing changed. Please help.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

userFkPRCxAckQ, please provide the full model code and current software version. 

0 Likes
userMluIdHjZjw
Astronaut
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

how can you do this with a black screen??

userCSXUCNUs54
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Huh!?  The issue is a black screen.  How does one navigate the menu blindly?!  

0 Likes
userV8m2X1k58B
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

My television started going black periodically a few days ago and I found this solution today.  The issue appears to have been resolved.

Thank you.

0 Likes