cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black Hole

Re: Smart TV Reset, Black Screen Issue Resolution

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for the frustrating experience. When you called in did the agent go through any troubleshooting steps with you or set you up for a service tech to come out? 

kobrakai176
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes, I’ve updated firmware, reset the tv, you guys have remotely updated the tv, another tv reset...etc no need for fake apologies.
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let me see what I can do for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

kobrakai176
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Message sent.

Hey @Chimichanga message me the details for the CAL. 

kobrakai176
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
To anyone reading this thinking about purchasing a Samsung product BEWARE, they are telling me all they can do is
“send a technician out to service the unit and they are unable to replicate the issue or diagnose a faulty part there is a possibility that they will charge.”
On a tv that is still under warranty. Samsung will charge you to fix an over two year long ongoing issue. Food for thought.
Doctor Navi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just wanted to point out here that THERE IS ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED! 

I've been having this problem with my 82" UN82MU8000 Smart TV for 2 months now. 

Yes, I have reset the TV, updated the software, updated the firmware with a file that Samsung support sent me. I have unplugged everything. I have changed the HDMI cable to a new, expensive Monster cable which is 4K compatible. I have plugged the TV directly into the wall outlet instead of a surge protector, and yes... I have contacted a technician with a Ticket #. 

Here's what the Samsung tech has done:

1. He replaced the OneConnect and its cable with a new one. HAS NOT WORKED. 

2. Today, he replaced the motherboard, and the TV IS STILL GOING TO THE BLACK SCREEN.

3. I called him right back on his cell phone, and he says that he has another part that he will order, and return to install it in 2-3 days. 

This is just outrageous. I paid $3,000 on this Smart TV, and can't even watch half-an-hour of the news when I get home without this problem happening. 

Samsung is truly despicable. I want a refund. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userB4LoZnHHuK Sadly the service technicians withhold the right to charge for the diagnosis on any unit that has no defect. All Samsung service centers are third party contracts that are their own entities and have the right to charge for any scenario that is not directly documented in the warranty. This is why the customer service reps try to troubleshoot every little issue to help ensure the defect is with the unit itself. This is also why the reps, us mods included, will give you the warning that if no defects are found the service center might charge you for the diagnosis. It's not a guarantee that any charges will be asked, but rather letting you know that the Service Center has the ability to under certain circumstances. Truly sorry if this causes any inconveniences. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userjmNvvyaHyy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hey can u help me please I have 9 Samsung products swear by u guys my TV is 3months old I have a 

Samsung UN49M5300AFXZA 49" M5300 

I'm sick and ready to be dne with Samsung I got the galaxy note 9 phone all urproducts 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userjmNvvyaHyy I am sorry to hear this and would be happy to investigate. Can you please send a private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the full serial number of the television as well? 

Tamieg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have sound from Wii but no picture just black screen