cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart TV Reset, Black Screen Issue Resolution

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ user13ELlqemWk Let me take a look at this. Drop a private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the model and serial numbers of the television as well as what is connected to the television.

user5CYYxC4BXn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have what I feel like is the same basic issue everyone else reported.  I've attempted to unplug all devices from the TV and unplug the TV for several minutes.  When I hit the power button on the TV the Smart TV logo appears then the screen doesn't change and remains black.  The red light is still on in the bottom right corner though the screen is still on and remains black. 

I've had the TV since Feburary of 2015 and only began to have issues with it in the last few weeks.  The TV would cycle power at different intervals after turning it on.

Samsung UN48H6350 48-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV.

If anyone has any ideas on how to try and factory reset without being able to access a menu or has any additonal troubleshooting tips please let me know.

Thanks.

userqparq0ccWv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have both my Samsung TV’s go to black screen after switching to ATT U-verse. Anybody else have this issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you possibly tell me the outcome of your tv? Was it ever fixed and if so how?

userS8BWDIiN3J
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
how much did it cost for new board?
rdburke
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Just got off the phone with Samsung tech, she refused to connect remotely to my TV and after an hour of going through my settings and even a reset she then told me that my TV had gone out of warranty a few days ago and I would have to pay for a service tech to come to my home. I refused. Are you sure the GS person knew what they were talking about? I am not doubting YOU. I also had a hard time communicating with her because of her accent, hard to explain my issue if you know what I mean.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you provided a transaction number from the call?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
userCD1t427VEC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My screen has gone black by very faintly you can see the picture but it's very very faded. The sound is working but no picture. When you say contact service you mean our cable provider?

userCD1t427VEC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Software update didn't work. It said there were no updates available. 

useraXhZ8sRDdo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried all the troubleshooting steps and no help. Every now and then my screen will flash the normal brightness, but it always goes back to a dark screen. 

It stinks cuz I have UN32EH5300, which is about 4 years old...so I probably have few options. It stinks even more that I've probably watched this TV around 100 times in four years...so it definitely didn't get overused. 

If anybody has had any more tips--other than resetting the TV and updating the software, it'll be much appreciated. 

At at this point, I'll prob have to look into buying another (non-Samsung) TV.