cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userClFtOUaLPC
Astronaut

Re: Smart TV Reset, Black Screen Issue Resolution

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have read through all the threads for the past year and it's obvious that there is some chronic problem with Samsung TV's that shouldn't be the responsibility of the owner to pay for.  I too have this issue and cope with it by unplugging my HDMI cable and plugging it back in again.  That gives me typically a couple of days of relief, then the screen blacks out again with the sound on.  I thought it was an HDMI issue so changed out cables, changed ports it went into, etc., but results are still the same.

userfX42vnjflg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is just black screen doesn't have sound.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well everyone, this thread has been around for a year today so I wanted to update all the troubleshooting you should try with this issue. 

If you do not see a picture but have sound.

First off this issue can be coming from a few things. Your source is causing issues, your cable is causing an issue, a setting is causing an issue, ECT. Please do the following and see if it helps. 

First see if you can open up your menu by pressing the menu button. If this menu pops up, you are having and issue with the source. Try a different source and cable that is connecting the source. If you have this issue on all sources, please try a factory reset on this TV. 

If you do not see the menu, that means your TV will need to be serviced. I will provide a link at the bottom of this post to "where you can set this device up for service". 

If you do not see a picture or sound. 

As for this issue, most times it ends in service but you should try the following before servicing the device. 

First, please make sure your TV is connected directly to the wall outlet. If it is, please test the TV in another power outlet. 

Next. Do the menu test. Just open it up and see if you see the menu. If you do see the menu, the issue is coming from the external source and you need to test the cable and the source. If you have this issue on all sources, please try a factory reset on this TV. 

If you do not see the menu. this will lead to service. Here is a link to where you can set your device up for service. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request  

*Please understand that if your TV is having any issue, it is probably going to come from the "screen going out". So even if your device is having the "same issue" there is a good chance you are experiencing a different cause. The troubleshooting provided here is super general and just a quick test to see what ball park you are in. Please post any "differences" and I will update this post so the next person can see it. Thanks for the help everyone. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user4JlkXx4xxk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought our Samsung 6700 11 months ago non of the solutions will work because the screen is totally black this so aggrevated. Does TV are not cheap and what we all now need to pay more just have it fixed and some how all this happenes when the warrenty expires just like on a purpose. I think law suite acction will be the best answer for that. 

userTPXxsfImVk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, while you're post did not resolve my black screen issue, it was the best resolve I've read.  It's a shame that Samsung is willing to  ruin their reputation with a class action suit, but what are we left to do?

userVqcTD5DhcW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wish I would have seen this before I went two years suffering with my TV not working. I was on chat support with an agent for literally 4 hours and they ended up screwing my TV up even more. How can there be so many people with the same issue and not have some sort of recall? My TV is out of warranty and it's been broke since I bought it. I thought it was my equipment connected to it and bought all brand new stuff only to find out the TV is messed up.  So Irate!  Will not pay for fixes on a $3000 TV that was broke since I bought it!  

userOwEG71N1sa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So what is Samsung doing for the people who's tv screens have melted wishin2 years of purchasing them? Our screen is completely black and the lower right corner is super hot and looks like it's melting. Any solution to how your going to fix this for your customers??
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userOwEG71N1sa little bit of a different issue in your case, but we definitely still want to look into this for you. Can you message me here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH and provide the following information:

Full name:

Model Code:

Serial Number:

Street Address:

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Copy of the Bill of Sale: (If available)

Place of Purchase:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userOwEG71N1sa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sent you my information earlier and wanted to know what the turn around time is for a solution as we are now without a television. 

Thank you,

Chloe 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Typically takes us 1-2 business days to get a response, I had replied with further questions. Can you confirm if you got this and were able to reply?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.