cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rrosiliana
Asteroid

Re: Smart TV Reset, Black Screen Issue Resolution

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called Geeksquad, I was told to reset the TV because the apps were causing conflicts which caused the TV to black out. Did all the troubleshooting  over the phone, nothing worked.

Geeksquad ended up sending a technician who replaced a board inside the TV which resolved the problem.

Rrosiliana
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

**UPDATE**

TV started again blacking out on and off.  I am having the cable box looked at tomorrow to rule that out.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information @Rrosiliana. If you still have this issue after testing the cable box and you have tried everything in this thread, you will need to have this TV serviced again. I am sorry of the inconvenience. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Rrosiliana
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

*** Second Update****

It was thought cable box was bad. Cable company came out and swapped the box same issue. They made a discovery .  The HDMI port 1 was bad where the cable box was Connected.

I called Geeksquad, they determined the board needed to be replaced again because the HDMI port was malfunctioning. Finally this time around the issued was resolved. Board replaced, my TV has been working flawless since! 

JKinCT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge?  My screen was going black on and off for a while and one day it just wouldn't come back.  Sound always works.  Geek Squad said it sounded like the board and quoted me $450. 

Rrosiliana
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do not know how much the cost to replace the board as I paid extended warranty when I purchased the TV which covers all parts and labor, sorry.

mudpie
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having a black screen issue, as are apparently many others.  Unfortunately I don't have the time to read through all 14 pages of this thread, especially given that the first 5 pages I did read seem to be nothing more then people with dead tv's, and Samsung saying "Yep, sorry.  Get it serviced.  Have a great day."  If the answer to my question is somewhere in the 11 pages I didn't read, I appologize in advance.

I have a 50" that I bought in August '16.  About a month ago (11 months after purchase) the screen started to flicker in the lower left corner when I'd turn the tv on, but it would stop after about 20 seconds.  Three days later the screen went completely blank, with just a slight flicker across the top edge.  No picture, no sound, no red light.

I sent an email, got basic troubleshooting instructions, followed them, and no change.  Since I bought the tv, I've moved, and I have no clue where my receipt is.  My fault for losing it, so I guess I own this problem.  What I'd like to know is if anybody has actually had their tv repaired out of warranty.  I see that various people were quoted prices in the $400 range, which is obviously not a realistic option.  

I'm not thrilled with the idea of having a $700 tv that lasted 11 months, or the idea of spending $400 to fix it, so if I have to replace it I'm certainly not going to buy another Samsung.  Probably better to just buy the cheapest tv I can find, and plan to throw it away in a year when the warranty expires, since that seems to be what I'll be doing now.  In the meantime, does anybody have an actual sucess story?    

user8NZYYnOLG0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the black screen problem also - on 2 sets - exact same symptom. 

I bought the 60" screen about 4 years ago, then decided to buy the same one for another room 3 1/2 years ago. Both are Model UN60eh6003f

The newer one died 6 months ago. I ignored since I seldom use that room. Then, this week the 4 yr old one did the same thing. No sound, menu, or anything.

Tried all the meager reset tips from this thread, but the both seem dead.

Trying to figure if I should call geek squad, or wait for samsung to get back with me.

If it's a $400 service, I'll just buy some more reliable brand at Costco.

userLYfRhZ6unQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is happening on such a large scale at this point I believe it is criminal.  Samsung has been aware of an issue with capacitors that eventually overheat which in turn causes the screen to go black/blank yet continue to ship product! In addition Samsung Techs mark the issue as "resolved" when all they have done is tell the customer "it needs to be repaired" which most certainly is a full out lie as a resolution.  Not a darn thing is resolved.

Look what happened to their phones, almost broke the company having to FINALLY admit

to producing and shipping not only defective but dangerous injury causing devises. 

That caught on fire!  I wonder how many of these TV's and their overheating capacitors

have been the cause of fires?

My TV is less than 2- years old and for no apparent reason while watching it one night the screen just went black. The only option consumers have is paying for a repair out of their own pockets which most of the time equal the cost of a new TV or at least close anyway.

Samsung Blows.  They do with phones (exploding), tablets and TV's.  This is what happens when a company farms out their components to subpar manufacturers in China or Mexico.

user13ELlqemWk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever get your black screen resolved? I’ve only had my Samsung for two-three months  and it is doing the same thing.