cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0GBBJVA0E2
Constellation

Re: Smart TV Reset, Black Screen Issue Resolution

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you running the tv from a laptop? And did you try running with the screen open?

useraXhZ8sRDdo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, I'm using it with my cable provider. I changed inputs to see whether it could be the cable box, but it's dark on all inputs. 

Theres also a self-diagnosis option. I clicked on that and a photo of the beach pops up. It says if you still see the problem on that image, then make a service call. I don't know whether it's worth fixing it at this point. 

Travelguy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give up the TV's have this issue and Samsung will not do anythign about it.  I paid $2800 for my plasma and had it 2 years before it started with this problem.  Product is defective.  

I have gone thru all of the steps they tell you to do...but nothing.  A TV repair person has told me it needs a new board about $700 repair for a 2 year old TV.  I have had tube TV's that have lasted 20+ without issues.  I have also had a Sony LCD for 10 years with only changing the bulb once.  

Buy another product not Samsung.  

useraXhZ8sRDdo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a main board on eBay for $49. I figured it was cheap enough to take the chance. If I can't fix it with that, I'll give up on this TV and take your advice and give up on Samsung altogether. 

The only reason I went with Samsung in the first place was because I used to have a job where I had to go inside peopl's houses. It seemed like everybody with a Samsung had a great picture...and I was right...I loved the picture. Unfortunately, I didn't know all the other BS that came along with it.

These days, there's too many options to have to put up with these issues. 

I'm also lucky to have this happen just as my bonus and tax returns came in...so I'm in the market to spend money on a TV. I guess it's time to do some research on the other brands.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userzDdi4ccwd4, Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usernXzE0ngjTJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. Screen goes black, no sound, but only with the cable box. It doesn't happen always, but when it does the screen goes off and if you turn the box off, then back on, the picture comes back, but shuts back off after about 30 seconds. The box has been replaced, the TV works fine with the bluray, streaming aps, etc. All the cables between the wall and the box and the cable box and TV are also new. I contacted Best Buy - since I have a protection plan with them - and they are denying any such update exists. Samsung has also been no help. Any help out there?

Rrosiliana
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Your issue was very similar to mine.My cable box was exchanged. The issue continued. I also had the Best Buy protection plan they went out on two occasions and ended up changing the HDMI board where all plugs in. The issue was (Port 1)  HDMI 1 where the cable box was plugged in was defective.

Change the HDMI or  cables conneceted or another port for your cable box to see if the issue continues. Hope this helps.

useruPUCtLH0v4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this happen to me also. I have a UN55H6350 and it's less than 3 years old. The screen went dead with no tv menus. I still get audio. I can try the firmware update since I can't get the tv menus to come up.

Are there any other solutions other than taking it in for a repair?

This is ricidulous that so many Samsung Tv's don't last, esp since they are considered a premium tv brand!

usergMr6jFW6qQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have only bought samsung. Tv has no picture but still has sound. This is not right. So many people with the same problem. There should be solutions. 

userAK2Dw2LfeE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SAMSUNG CHAT GUY SAID i CAN'T UPDATE FIRMWARE BECAUSE MY SCREEN IS BLACK AND I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SEE SETTINGS TO UPDATE? SO MY SMART TV FOR 1 1/2 YEARS HAS CRAPPED THE BED, HE SAID IT NEEDS SERVICE WHICH NO DOUBT WILL COST AN ARM AND A LEG. CHEAPER TO BUY NEW VIZIO. NO MORE SAMSUNG PRODUCTS FOR THIS GAL,