cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userneKx5oKcDh
Astronaut

Re: Smart TV Reset, Black Screen Issue Resolution

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, I ask myself, why did my Costco-purchased UN65MU800DF black out just 4 months after purchase? Costco will do a no-questions-asked return within 90 days, an enterprise-intelligent switch from the old days, sans the deadline.  

Indeed, the unit shows it was built in Mexico May 2017.  So this guy dies just 6 months after construction.  Went through the complete health check.  It's internal.  Are we back to the days of junk Korean electronics?

And you'd think that this unit, like most modern electronics, would have a factory default reset button.  Instead, we have to wait for the Samsung-dispatched tech company to try to reset with a black screen.  (The other folks failing to return the identical unit to our Mt. Vernon Costco today said that their Samsung-dispatched tech never came.)

Any ideas?  Can I cable my laptop to the Samsung unit and "see" the settings page? Via the USB or CAT5/6 ports?

usersm1y4weiKR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My TVs software last updated in February 2017. I just checked for an update, but there isn't one. I'm on version 1360.

userRsq52tv5w7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was looking for an answer and couldnt find one. Tinkered and found this is due to the refresh rate of the broadcast device. In my case there were two devices. One was my PC connected via hdmi and the other was PC cast to chromecast ultra on another hdmi connection. Going into display settings, mutiple display, then setting the rate to 60hz corrected the connected hdmi issue and going to google home and the tv then the settings tab and locking it to 50hz corrected the chromecast. For other devices look for similar settings to correct.

userlOk1TXypCv
Astronaut

Re: Smart TV Reset, smarthub not updating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @SamsungDarius , recently my youtube stopped working on my tv so i tried resetting my tv to see whether that would help, however, now my smarthub isnt updating at all and im unable to use any apps whatsoever. I tried running the self diagnosis test and it keeps responding that the test failed or is irresponsive when it reaches the samsung panel test. Its been days and everytime i try to use an app i get a pop up "smarthub is updating, please try again later". My internet is working fine and currently Im only able to watch movies casted from an app on my phone to the tv...otherwise...nothing on the actual tv is responsive. Please help!!! 

userSDnkRDpuuE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They told me my software is up to date and the issue has only gotten worse

userqSNVvZa5zU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

still does it. My software is up to date 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, service would be the only option currently.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userzKz1HAPChi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Less than a year ago, Samsung tech made a house call and replaced the entire video card. Today, black screen (you can see the image if you shine a flashlight on it) and good audio. 

Adios, Samsung. Your phones AND your TVs stink.

ashtinmac
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have gotten the balck screen issue and it provides sound but i have no way to access the menu or do anything on it since i cannot see what the heck im doing, i tried to request a service and it says my tv is outdated and its not ive had it for about three years and always updated it when advised  never dropped or damaged it. i turned it off one night to go to bed and went to use it the next day and no image or screen light came on and its very irritating that no one has a solution to this problem that actually works and im not trtying to buy another smart tv when this one worked fantasticly up until this point..... samsung helpfix this....

useriKyd8K91Y9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Not sure why they’re saying this issue is solved because it’s not. My TV screen is almost all dark. I can’t believe this is happening.