cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxsyO8a5nTU
Constellation

Re: Smart TV Reset, Black Screen Issue Resolution

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SAMSUNG UE22K5000 is my model,its the basic 22 inch with no bells or whistles and I have the same issue a few days ago tyhe screen would go blank, and I would still have sound.

Ive tried checking the cables, replacing the aerial coax cable and also a reset ie going to service reset and entering 0000

But nothing has helped and the annoying problem persists , Its a bsic freevierw built in with nothing connected 

user146vC1ghd4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My issue is similar but doesn't seem to have been addressed.  I have a UN75HU8550FXZA.  It will power on just enough to show the SMART icon, and then the screen goes black.  It doesn't respond to the remote except to turn off.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried unplugging the unit for about 5 minutes and retrying directly in a wall socket?

userPT0DP3TPHM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have and I did the flash light test and I could see the picture with the flash light. So after reading other sites and watching videosv they suggested that I replace the T-con board. 

Update:: I replaced the T-con board. Same issue but did NOT pass the flash light test. Also, to note.. when I took out the original T-con board 35-D087691 it had brown burn marks. But when I put in the new board, I had the same issue and it did not pass the flash light test. So I contacted the company where I bought the board and they are NOW telling me that the T-con is to be replaced ONLY if there are lines across the screen. That issue I didn't have.

So, might you have any suggestions and/or was I wrong to replace the T-con board??

Thanks 😁

A~

userLTsCVz1srU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried many of the suggestions in the thread with no luck, but finally succeeded when experimenting with toggling all the settings to see if anything had impact. Toggling the 3D setting on and then off did the trick -- must be a software glitch.

I fixed the screen dimness by going to:

Menu > Picture > 3D > 3D Mode > [select 2D>3D icon to turn ON] -- screen brightened
then
Menu > Picture > 3D > 3D Mode > OFF -- screen remained bright

My details:
- 5 year old Samsung UN46FH6030FXZA
- tv has never been connected to the internet for software updates
- Screen went dim a few days ago and was mostly black, but I could see shadowy images. It was dim for all of my input sources -- cable, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick. The menu displayed, but much dimmer than usual.
- I tried the following with no success: 1) moving plug from outlet strip to wall socket, 2) unplugging tv while turned on and leaving unplugged for 5 mins, 3) factory reset.