Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8udgWVMaxM
Constellation

Re: Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungGill wrote:

@user8udgWVMaxMPlease provide the full model code and current software version of the television by going to Settings>Support>Contact Samsung

UN60H6203

T-NT14MAKUC-1200.2 

user8udgWVMaxM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can anyone help with instructions on how to update via usb???? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The following information will tell you how to manually update through the USB port

Updating Through the USB 2.0 Port:

Important: A USB drive and a computer with an internet connection are required for this method.

First the firmware will need to be downloaded to the USB drive. To download the firmware, perform the following:

1. Click here to visit the Samsung Download Center
  2. Search for the model number of the TV, locate the firmware download for the TV, and download it.
  3. The firmware file will be compressed (zipped). Use an unzipping program to open it.
  4. The contents of the zip drive will be one or more folders. These folders will need to be extracted to the root directory of the USB drive.

Important: The folder(s) which make up the firmware must be placed in the root directory (or main folder) of the USB drive. Do not put the firmware folder(s) in any other sub folders, as the TV will not be able to browse to and locate the firmware. It is okay if USB drive contains other files, these will be ignored by the TV.

The next step is to transfer the firmware to the TV. To transfer the firmware, perform the following:

Important: This option will be unaccessible (grayed out) during the first 60 seconds after the TV powers on, or if the Smart Hub is open. If the option is grayed out, and the TV has been on for over 60 seconds, verify that the source has been set to TV and is not on Smart Hub.

Important: If the message appears "There are no new updates..." or "No Firmware File Found", verify the following:

1. Connect the USB flash drive with the firmware file on it to the TV's USB port.
  2. With the TV powered on, change the TV to the TV source.
  3. Press the MENU button to open the Main Menu.
  4. Navigate to Support, and then press ENTER.
  5. Navigate to Software Upgrade (or Software Update), and then press ENTER.
  6. Select By USB, and then press ENTER. (On some models, select Update Now.) A status message will appear on the screen while processing.
  7. After finding the firmware, the TV will display a message stating that "Valid version found..." and prompt to confirm the update. Press ENTER on the OK option to accept and begin the installation.
    • The Firmware update file is higher than the TV's current firmware.
    • The Firmware file is unzipped.
    • The Firmware file is on the root drive.
    • The Firmware file's folder name has not been altered after being unzipped.
  8. After the firmware finishes installing, the TV will power off and then power back on

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are checking to see if you still need assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useryQEfJQzOdz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

your company STINKS!!!! 9 friggin pages of the same thing and you STILL haven't fixed it. I have done EVERY SINGLE THING suggested on those 9 pages n still nothing!! I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG, EVER!!!!

Highlighted
Christinampond
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly how I feel. Guess what my TV is currently doing? Not working once again. We have this big expensive TV that we can’t use and have to go through more reliable devices and companies, such as our PS4 or Blu-ray player, to watch our shows and movies. I still haven’t received a reliable solution to this issue, only exhausting temporary ones that only work until it once again failes and then I have to find a new solution. At this point we just stop trying and every few weeks attempt to connect and it either does or does not. Still waiting for Samsung to resolve this!

Christinampond
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes I do. The TV still does not work properly or consistently.
user8udgWVMaxM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@SamsungLou wrote:

We are checking to see if you still need assistance.

Had no idea anyone responded until just now because I was not tagged and did not receive notification. Looks like a lot of steps but will give it a shot. Not getting hopes up with this company tho that's for sure. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user8udgWVMaxM, feel free to keep us posted. 

userteOyBXADNr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have update my tv to the latest firmware via usb and it worked for about 3 weeks and now is having the same issue. Says it cant connect to wifi