cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userseT7EcOtOm
Constellation

Re: Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone still having problems, I would like to post what solved my problem.  My Samsung tv is model # UN55JU640D.  It is a model from Samsung's 2015 line. 

My problem was the same as every one else's - no internet.  When I entered network settings, I had no SSID choices and fields such as IP address, subnet mask, gateway, etc., were blank.

I just discovered my problem yesterday and spent the entire day trying to solve the problem.  It was someone from this forum who put the idea in my head to update via usb.

So, this morning I dowloaded the update for my tv.  Used 7-zip to extract the files.  The first time I tried to install it on my tv, it said there was no update on the card.  I went back to my computer and deleted everything on the drive except for the extracted files.  My file name also had a (1) behind it and I deleted that from the file name.

I, then went back to the tv, inserted the usb drive, went to SYSTEM, selected UPDATE, and it worked.

I was able to select SSID, and if I remember correctly, the screen shortly said you are connected to the internet.  I clicked on an internet app and it did connect.  It didn't watch anything.  Maybe, I will do that later today.

I hope this helps someone.  Sorry, it's so long.

userG5uB0lQ9vm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This solution worked for 3 months and now the problem is back. Now what?????

user0Qkhwn6C2U
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This method also worked for my 2017 model (Samsung UN58MU6100). All of a sudden, our TV couldn't see the wi-fi networks in our home. I looked, and sure enough, there was a firmware update that posted on January 9, 2019. Downloaded, unzipped the file, and dragged it onto a 2GB flash USB drive. Plugged it into the back of the TV. Only difference is that the menus have changed slightly from the instructions given above. Now you need to go to Support > Software Update and choose Yes when it asks to search the USB device. TV updated itself within a minute and now we're up and running with a solid wi-fi connection again.

Thanks to the user who posted this solution. You saved me the headache of calling support.

userBWp8EOc1WR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it worked, using a usb drive to update the software on the tv finally solved it. Although the problem persists, the connection gets cut and then re-establishes seconds later. The update worked but they need something better soon. What I don’t understand is why it didn’t allow me to make this update when it was hooked to my hot spot? Samsung better get these issues squared away or no one will be buying their TVs for long. 

useribXKdoetM9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It did not work for me. I could manually reset network and connect. When I turned off tv and turned it back on it forgot WiFi connection. I went through 3 different Samsung techs and did everything the first 2 techs instructed - not solved. The 3rd tech ended up remoting in to my tv and changed a setting (which he said the consumer did not have access to this setting). That worked!!!

I recommend you escalate to expert tech that can remote in and verify this “behind the curtain” setting is correct.

user2Ou1QlbcD3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so what was the magic buyllet that us users can't get to.  so om the call to samsung I can just tell them what to so and to put it in the next update

userXGyYlF4yN7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 2 Samsung TVs in the house and neither will connect. The Xbox, 2 laptops, desktop, 2 cell phones, and tablet all work in the house no matter where we are. The desktop is in the room right next to one TV and the other TV is in the same room as the router. I am baffled at Samsung especially for as much as their TVs cost. My next TV purchase will most likely definitely be an LG,  very disappointed in Samsung. 

userLjsRvFmmL0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I was researching solutions for why the Wifi was accessable and then not. I can tell you I had intermittant issues with wifi. It would connect and update while plugged in hard wired. after trying to reset and work with those advanced menu options I ordered a new wifi module for the tv. Pretty easy to install - Took the back off and one screw removed the wifi module, unplugged it and reverse to install. Once I put all the screw back in and hung it on the wall it updated and I now have the wifi back. It hopefully will resolve all the issues with the tv turning off several times while starting up. I did not notice any burned cables as come have noted. My fried shop jimmy shows how to replace it and a quick search for my model number on amz purchased a replacement part.

userjOvVqb0sWg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you been streaming a movie or program and pause what you where watching and didn’t log out. And left that site your WiFi on the TV set will not allow you to log into the internet on your tv Thur WiFi until you go back and disconnect from what you where streaming. 

Highlighted
userZBCEzDJazL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a similar problem not being able to connect to the Samsung server and getting Error 012 on many of the apps, and impossible to upgrade the software through the USB port (I tried this and it would not see the USB key).

Solution is to reset the system using the reinitialise function.

In SmartTV mode, go to 

Menu-

Tech Support

then

Autodiagnosis

Pick Reinitialise

It will ask that you enter a 4 digit passcode

I guessed it was 0-0-0-0 ...and it worked.

The tv reset itself to initial codes, then works its way to various apps upgrades.

Although Netflix was working none of the other apps were working since the last self-upgrade through the internet.

Now I managed to install Amazon Prime, etc.

Good luck!