cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUCTQf18QtQ
Constellation

Re: Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought a qled 65 on 2/2/19 And because we needed help in wall mounting and other personal issues could not set it up until mother's day 2019. 

It took many tries to get the wireless to connect always getting error code 102 saying the password or network was incorrect. Finally on the day of setup it connected. Then the next day we disconnected that connection to connect to a different band, we have a netgear tri band router,  and could not get it to connect to anything. 

We connected a LAN line to a wireless extender to the tv and created a service request for the following day.

Samsung service was very knowledgeable and helpful. They confirmed the tv wireless was working because it listed all the available networks including our close neighbors (we live in a semi rural area) and it appeared the problem was our password or our router. Of note is that our home is very smart with smart outlets, Alexa show, echo dot, 2 smart tv's, and a smart thermostat. Also of note is that we've have 2 new modems from Spectrum in the last 6 months because of cable and internet speed complaints which are now resolved. 

We decided to change our network password first as the next step in troubleshooting. It worked on the first try. We don't understand how our other devices are working connected all us using the initial password the new Qled tv failed on

userUCTQf18QtQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, was not finished with my initial message and didn't get a chance to proofread. Bottom line from Samsung is that if your tv sees the wireless networks the wireless is working. The problem in our case was diagnosed as a password or a router problem. Indeed, it was the password and the mystery to us is why many other smart devices in our home listed above but also including 2 smart phones and 2 wireless laptops connect using the same password and 5G network everything else is on. An exception to this is our echo dot and possibly a couple smart outlets which only connect to the 2.4G network. Again, we have a netgear tri band mesh router. I hope this helps someone because I have read a lot of posts saying these tv's are wireless defective and offering all sorts of diagnosis. Create a Samsung service request through your tv with a temporary LAN connection and get Samsung support, they helped us and we were ready to take the tv down and demand Costco take it back. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you you got it resolved!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFnhoM17fqq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What I've done...unplug for 5min. Power back on. Was able to connect to  the 2g not 5g... But it is connected........ For now 😅😅😅

userRTrpSArcgL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One basic solution to this error code is firmware upgrade. This can be done both automatically and manually. If that doesn't help, restarting the Smart Hub will. For detailed, step by step guide, you can follow the instructions given in this article:
http://techdescribed.com/fix-samsung-tv-network-error-code-012/

Highlighted
userRnvyHgd60Q
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After days of trying everything (unplugging the tv, updating the software, manually entering DNS numbers, restoring the tv to factory settings, rebooting the router, etc) I finally broke down and called 800-SAMSUNG.  The representative instructed me to use the original Samsung TV remote control and hold down the Power Button until the TV turned off and then back on again (then release)...problem solved!  I can't believe what a simple fix it was after trying so many technical resolutions.

I took the time to share my feedback hoping it can help someone else from days of frustration.