cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christinampond
Asteroid

Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Smart TV has stopped being able to connect to our WiFi. It had been working perfectly up until this past week. The TV is the only device in the house not connecting to the WiFi.

Model Code: UN48JU6400FXZA

S/N:<Hidden>

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userseT7EcOtOm
Constellation

Re: Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For anyone still having problems, I would like to post what solved my problem.  My Samsung tv is model # UN55JU640D.  It is a model from Samsung's 2015 line. 

My problem was the same as every one else's - no internet.  When I entered network settings, I had no SSID choices and fields such as IP address, subnet mask, gateway, etc., were blank.

I just discovered my problem yesterday and spent the entire day trying to solve the problem.  It was someone from this forum who put the idea in my head to update via usb.

So, this morning I dowloaded the update for my tv.  Used 7-zip to extract the files.  The first time I tried to install it on my tv, it said there was no update on the card.  I went back to my computer and deleted everything on the drive except for the extracted files.  My file name also had a (1) behind it and I deleted that from the file name.

I, then went back to the tv, inserted the usb drive, went to SYSTEM, selected UPDATE, and it worked.

I was able to select SSID, and if I remember correctly, the screen shortly said you are connected to the internet.  I clicked on an internet app and it did connect.  It didn't watch anything.  Maybe, I will do that later today.

I hope this helps someone.  Sorry, it's so long.

154 REPLIES 154
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you verify the firmware version that you're running currently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Christinampond
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A notification displayed on our TV screen informing us of an update. I went ahead and updated and the next time I attempted connecting to the Wi-Fi, it worked.

Christinampond
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Once again this was only a temporary fix and I’m right back at having the same problem. This so called “Smart TV” more often then not doesn’t work and it’s error after error. I’m so upset with the Samsung company and the persistent issues. Dealing with customer service is exhausting and every “solution” has either failed or temporarily resolved the issue and then we’re right back where we started. I have been dealing with this for over a year and a half.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Christinampond, the next step would be service. You can find a repair center using the following link:  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

user43eS85AHn3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi.

I'm having the same problem, again.

The first time I solved it changing from 5ghz wifi to 2,4. I  really didn't understood it but...it seemed it was solved.

Same problem now, few days later, I've tried everythings of this site and nothing is working. 

The problem is happening with the wifi adapter, I'm almost sure. I presume it is auto shutting down when the TV doesn't use it for a while...today I fell asleep with it going ON,I shuted it down while working time and 6 hours later I've arrived home and it is not working...

I'm just finishing writing this ticket and I just solved it again:

- TV without electricity about 5minutes.

- Turn it on.

- Come back from 2,4ghz wifi to 5ghz.

- Works.

- Looking for updates: nothing.

- Smart Hub autodiag: nothing wrong.

It clearly smells like a poor wlan adapter set.

Model UE55MU6105.

V. Soft: T-KTMDEUC-1210,8 BT-S

Excuse my poor english.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user43eS85AHn3, regrettably, we only support US models here. We recommend reaching out to the EU Community here: Link

user3vvbqvB9I3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree!! Have had my Sansung since 2012 & didn’t start having problem until within last 2 yrs. May have been longer but ficused on internet provider re poor wifi service. Other than this issue the tv works fine. Im so disappointed w/ Samsung ...this tv is everything but SMART!!

userUiiofgeKxk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how did you update if your tv without internet connection?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can update over USB if connecting to a network is not an option. Steps can be found here if you need them: http://bit.ly/2pOiJ6q

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.