cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart TV won't connect to WiFi - Error Code: 102

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is your current software version? Have you tried a factory reset?

Negraar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I dont remember but I check and it say that dont have any software update
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Negraar are you getting the 012 error code too or just the wi-fi connectivity issue? I'm thinking your issue may be a little bit different than others in this thread. If you have already reset the router and tested a reset on the TV, then I would recommend having a repair technician take a look at the TV. To look into having a technician out, shoot me a message here with the serial number: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Negraar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
yes, sometimes present the error 102, one time gave me the 106 error too
usertuSXOIHByY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar issue with my 40 inch smart tv, which is more than 5 years old - a month ago it was working fine and when I moved it started not being able to connect to Wi-Fi, other devices can connect in same room no problem. I tried resetting the tv, then router and still nothing. I tried changing ip setting then dns setting and nothing- this is ridiculous, this is second Samsung electronic product that I own have failed for no apparent reason- what gives, Samsung???

MNCowboy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is it that manufacturers (Samsung in this case) ALWAYS say to factory reset?  First of all, if that works, fine... but there is a reason for the problem in the first place.  How about owning up and saying this might be a bug in the latest software update?  There are enough people having this same issue, and most have been able to determine the issue is ONLY with the tv, therefore it can't be the network.

Instead of always having to reset the tv, subsequently lose all stored information, logins, passwords, having to re-enter them (without a number pad/keyboard)... maybe we should be trying to find out where the BUG is.

As a software tester, I look for problems and try to find ways to fix... but power cycling/resetting is fixing the symptom, but not the underlying problem causing the issue in the first place.

Also, as far as the common suggestion about checking for updates... this problem usually seems to happen after a new update has been installed... and if we could check for updates, then we wouldn't have this issue, would we?

Just my thoughts...

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WiFi Error – 102

• Will need to update TV
flopro96
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My UE40MU6120K TV is only two weeks old, has had the lastest firmware since bought and now suddenly won't connect to my WiFi, nothing has changed from my WiFi or TV, just say's to check the password and if the internet is turned on!

Really not pleased about this, looking around on the internet it looks like allot of people are having the same problem, not cool Samsung, WE NEED THIS FIXED!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@flopro96  We are sorry to hear about this. We only support US models here, so to receive assistance with your device, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry. Thanks! ^Lou

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user10IAkOCPFU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung TV connected to WIFI out of the box, two weeks later nothing I do will reconnect it. Tried manually setting network and password, tried WPS with and without PIN. Rebooted router. Nothing.

Model: UN49MU6290F