Original topic:

Smart Tv and Disney + wont start

(Topic created: 12-21-2019 03:16 PM)
userqCA0LtZICy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello

i am having issues with the my Samsung Smart tv (model UN65KS8500FXZA) and Disney Plus App. Seems that something with the att broadband is preventing the connection or starting of the Disney Plus app or a possible issue between the app and the Tv. The network status of my internet is good along with the the network status of the Samsung Tv. All the other Apps within the Samsung Smart Tv work just fine except for the Disney Plus app. I get an error 1017 when opening the Disney + app. 
I am wondering if there is a possible firewall or Att Broadband/Samsung  setting that is causing the Disney Plus connectivity issue. I did try changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8, resetting the smart hub, restoring to factory settings, unplugging tv and didn't fix anything. Please help. 

56 Replies
user3rUePmAmDX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi. I have a different problem with Disney Plus.  When I installed the app last month, picture was perfect but the sound was regular 2-channel stereo - no surround.  A couple of days ago, an update to the app dropped, and the sound is now in Dolby Digitial +.  But the picture has degraded signficantly.  Instead of 4K HDR, it's like old style VGA resolution!  I've waited minutes for it to improve on its own as it caches. Didn't help.  Then I reset the Smarthub and reinstalled the app.  Still didn't help.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
user3rUePmAmDX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

BTW, I have an NU8000.  Doesn't seem to have a cache clearing feature.  Just a Smarthub reset.

useraC3IFoRR5M
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You have to reset the app usage to get rid of the app. Then go redownload it. 

0 Likes
user3rUePmAmDX
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you. I actually restored the set to factory settings.  It fixed the problem.

user3yaCuYFkCx
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

i have samsung tv

its very good tv

samsung-led-tv-hd

0 Likes
userqCA0LtZICy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

So whe. You go into the Hub-options and delete the Disney+ app is unable to be deleted but it looks like u just hit reinstall instead. 

userqCA0LtZICy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I tried the reinstall app the. Opened the app up and get this  

AB47FAE7-13DE-43F7-9CE0-7CE59454B4F7.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You will want to contact Disney support for assistance with this. The service is not authenticating you to their servers.

0 Likes
userqCA0LtZICy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank u. What do u think the fix will entail? Does Disney flip a switch on their end? I am not tech savvy 🙂

0 Likes
userG0cpvDGIIa
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I started having the same issue with my Disney +.   I reset the hub and all it did for me was make me reset all my apps back up.  How about some help Samsung?

0 Likes