Original topic:

Smart Tv and Disney + wont start

(Topic created: 06-27-2020 03:12 PM)
userqCA0LtZICy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello

i am having issues with the my Samsung Smart tv (model UN65KS8500FXZA) and Disney Plus App. Seems that something with the att broadband is preventing the connection or starting of the Disney Plus app or a possible issue between the app and the Tv. The network status of my internet is good along with the the network status of the Samsung Tv. All the other Apps within the Samsung Smart Tv work just fine except for the Disney Plus app. I get an error 1017 when opening the Disney + app. 
I am wondering if there is a possible firewall or Att Broadband/Samsung  setting that is causing the Disney Plus connectivity issue. I did try changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8, resetting the smart hub, restoring to factory settings, unplugging tv and didn't fix anything. Please help. 

56 Replies
usersAPEgg4SJB
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

As of last week my television no longer works on disney plus or YouTube, disney just brings up a black screen and YouTube just stays on a grey screen. I've done all of the above and my internet connection is hardwired with no issues using other apps. No way you can blame Disney entirely for this one?

0 Likes
userp8ihkwRPHh
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Series 8 UHD.  (UN65KS8000)

The Disney+ dying on Samsung is common, unfortunately.  Will either present a blue screen, or a black screen.  Samsung has updated the app to disallow deletion and reinstall, which used to fix the problem, now the fix is much more severe sorry to say (poor move Samsung)...if you have tried all of the reboot attempts (unplugging the TV and resetting your internet router), here is the fix that actually DOES work.  Make sure you know all of your app logins before you begin...you will need them!

RESET THE SMART HUB

On your remote...HOME button, go to the left in menu to SETTINGS, SUPPORT, SELF DIAGNOSIS, RESET SMART HUB.  This will reset your TV, so you will need to reload and relog-in to your apps like Amazon, Netflix, Disney+.

0 Likes
userGLDSYz7VFw
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I don't seem have the option to do ANY of these things. 

• Cannot clear the cache
  • Cannot delete the app
  • Option to self-diagnose is there but grayed out and says it's not an option so I cannot reset the hub
  • In Settings - System one option is to Start Setup (Restore your TV to its original settings and perform Initial setup again) and that is ALSO grayed out

Any other ideas?  This just stopped working a couple of days ago (has been working since before Christmast) and we were in the middle of a family Star Wars marathon!  HELP!!!

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried a factory reset on the TV?  Also have you made sure that your TV is up to date with the latest software available to the TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userx4SAt2rFtI
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is a ludicrous unacceptable answer.  Disney+ app worked prior to Samsung update.  Fix this issue.

userfswZVtvT5X
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@userGLDSYz7VFw wrote:

I don't seem have the option to do ANY of these things. 

• Cannot clear the cache
  • Cannot delete the app
  • Option to self-diagnose is there but grayed out and says it's not an option so I cannot reset the hub
  • In Settings - System one option is to Start Setup (Restore your TV to its original settings and perform Initial setup again) and that is ALSO grayed out

Any other ideas?  This just stopped working a couple of days ago (has been working since before Christmast) and we were in the middle of a family Star Wars marathon!  HELP!!!

I was able to fix my Disney+ app without resetting. Similar issue to other posters. I could only see the blue screen and the clocking circle when I tried to launch the app.

I went into Apps -> My Apps -> select Options (located in the bottom right on my KS8500) -> then select Delete. Now here is the tricky part:  highlight the Disney+ App, and no it won't let you delete. But instead---after the Disney+ app is highlighted, PRESS and HOLD the selection button on your remote until another menu pops up. Select the option to reinstall. 

This worked for my KS8500. I didn't want to do a factory reset because I have calibrated the color profiles on the TV and didn't want to lose my settings, but I'm sure the reset would fix the app too.

userQr29306WOE
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 2016 UN55KS800D tv was giving me the blue screen of death for Disney+.  I tried the suggested ways to clear the cache but those methods were not available on my tv.  What finally worked was going to Apps -> My Apps -> select Options.  This allowed me to check a box on the Disney+ App and delete it.  I then re-installed Disney+ and logged back into my account.  This worked.  Thanks for the recommendation.

0 Likes
user3Eiu2fWRRy
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
0 Likes
usereIOhQpuOz9
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the exact same problem literally reset the entire TV had Samsung tech-support logged into the TV to even reset some settings rebooted my router still the same problem error 1016 app config failure. The only thing they could offer me was to send somebody out to my house to work on the TV and I have to pay for it because the TVs over a year old. Spoke with Disney as well they said that error code is a Samsung error code not theirs so basically it's Samsung's problem

0 Likes
userF2eD1FlHMi
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Never ever buying any more Samsung TV,my 1st and last. I will stick to my LG, never ran into any issues. This disney + app problem is very frustrating.