Original topic:

Smart Tv and Disney + wont start

(Topic created: 11-22-2019 12:07 PM)
userqCA0LtZICy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello

i am having issues with the my Samsung Smart tv (model UN65KS8500FXZA) and Disney Plus App. Seems that something with the att broadband is preventing the connection or starting of the Disney Plus app or a possible issue between the app and the Tv. The network status of my internet is good along with the the network status of the Samsung Tv. All the other Apps within the Samsung Smart Tv work just fine except for the Disney Plus app. I get an error 1017 when opening the Disney + app. 
I am wondering if there is a possible firewall or Att Broadband/Samsung  setting that is causing the Disney Plus connectivity issue. I did try changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8, resetting the smart hub, restoring to factory settings, unplugging tv and didn't fix anything. Please help. 

56 Replies
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

Here's a list of compatible devices.

https://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G19280013786-compatible

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userYEfDhyFNtm
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

my tv is compatible as the Disney plus app works when I connected the tv internet to my att cellular phone hotspot. Works with no issues so I am thinking there is a disconnect with my att fiber/Samsung tv/app. Could this be the case? If yes what do I do?

0 Likes
userOWr08RO8Ss
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My TV is on that list but the app still doesn't show up as available.  😞 Poor form, Samsung.

user2ufDEg0lJY
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Do you plan to make it works with Smart TVs of 2015 and earlier? Would be much apreciated.

userzZU2zOEowx
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It's ridiculous that samsung TV's don't support Disney + on their TV's older than 4 years. I've just subscribed and immediately cancelled when was told by Disney support that I'd need to buy a chromecast for my 2 samsung TV's as a workaround. Why should I have to do that? Surely samsung can retro fit the app to their 'older' TV's OS's. Certainly there's no issue with other dtreaming services, Netflix, Prime, etc.... Really poor form by Samsung and can only assume it's designed as a money grabber for people to buy a new model Samsung TV. For me, it's made me go the other way and when I do change TV's (although nothing wrong with my 5 year 'old' TV's), it won't be a Samsung.

userP7R3JgeW8h
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm with you Astronaut and I have this to add:  Scanning through the solutions I see nothing about Disney not working with my TV.  Why don't they just come out and say so? This has been a waste of my precious time and now I have to cancel Disney and Starz.  My TVs are not that old, what else am I missing out on?  No more Samsung for me.

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I would like for you to uninstall Disney+ and reinstall it. Once you have done that log back in and if you still are receiving that error message "1017" I recommend contacting Disney+

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqCA0LtZICy
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I tried to delete the app but it is one of the apps that can't be deleted from the smart hub or even lets me select the app when I open the delete app option. . Is there a way for me to remove/uninstall the app

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If Disney+ is installed on your TV you should be able to go to Apps > Settings > Select Disney+ > Select Delete or Uninstall

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003027/#delete-the-app-from-your-tv-and-downl...

0 Likes