JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart View app not finding Samsung series 8 TV

(Topic created: 08-14-2019 05:50 PM)
user9l4jkzb51p
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have a Samsung series 8 model UN65KS8500FXZA TV. I downloaded the Smart View app to screen cast, but the app can't see my TV even though they are both connected to the same Wi-Fi. In another post from 6-29-18 the Samsung moderator stated "at this time TV models 2017 and newer cannot connect using Smart View due to compatibility." My TV was manufactured in 2016 so it should work, right? Also, like I said the post was from 6-28-18 so this bug should have been fixed by now as it has been over a year??

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options

We are sorry to hear about this. What phone are you using to connect? Are both devices connected to the same network band (2.4 or 5GHz)? Is the software on the television up to date?

0 Likes
user9l4jkzb51p
Asteroid
Options

The phone is a Motorola z3. I'm not sure how to tell what network band the TV is connected to. The phone is connected to 5GHz. When I go to settings, Support, and Software Update on the TV it says This function isn't available. Current version is 1240.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options

Ok, 1240 is the current software. The television only connects to the 2.4 GHz band, so try connecting the phone there, and then retry the connection.

0 Likes
user9l4jkzb51p
Asteroid
Options

Have them both on the 2.4 GHz band but the Smart View app is still not finding the TV.

userNTkQikgPcL
Constellation
Options
following
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options

Try the following steps:

If your phone will not display, it may need permission from the TV. Restart your phone and TV, and then try connecting again, making sure you select Allow when it displays on the TV.
On a Samsung TV, you can bypass allowing permission for your phone to access your TV. From Settings, on your TV, navigate to General and then External Device Manager. Navigate to Device Connect Manager, and then select Access Notification. Set this to Off to automatically connect with the phone when using Smart View. From the Device Connect Manager screen, you can also select Device List to manage the phones connected to your TV.

If your screen keeps turning off, change the screen timeout settings on your phone. From Settings, search for and select Screen timeout. From there, adjust the settings so your phone stays on for longer.

If the Smart View menu is minimized, tap the Smart View icon on your phone. The Smart View Control menu is only displayed on your phone.

If the phone's image looks small on your screen, you can make it a little bigger by changing the aspect ratio. On your phone, tap the Smart View icon, and then tap More Options. Tap Settings, and then tap Phone aspect ratio. From there, you can choose your desired aspect ratio.

0 Likes
user9l4jkzb51p
Asteroid
Options

The fix was restarting my phone! Now the app shows my TV. A follow up question, though. I was under the impression that the app allows you to screencast anything on your phone. For example if I open the YouTube app on my phone I could screen cast it to the TV. however the only options in the app are to show pictures and videos from Google or Facebook or my camera. Is there a way to do what I'm asking with this app?

0 Likes
techie127
Cosmic Ray
Options

That was easy

0 Likes
Feyzi
Astronaut
Options
I followed all instructions, still no luck. My note9 phone is listed on the tv settings.
0 Likes