JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart View app not finding Samsung series 8 TV

(Topic created: 08-15-2019 05:57 PM)
user9l4jkzb51p
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have a Samsung series 8 model UN65KS8500FXZA TV. I downloaded the Smart View app to screen cast, but the app can't see my TV even though they are both connected to the same Wi-Fi. In another post from 6-29-18 the Samsung moderator stated "at this time TV models 2017 and newer cannot connect using Smart View due to compatibility." My TV was manufactured in 2016 so it should work, right? Also, like I said the post was from 6-28-18 so this bug should have been fixed by now as it has been over a year??

13 Replies
user7H5ly4aeVT
Constellation
Options

Go into your TV settings and go to proxy and put in 8.8.8.8 and try connecting and you phone needs to see the TV to connect

0 Likes
user9l4jkzb51p
Asteroid
Options

Restarting my phone fixed the problem. Thanks for your thoughts, though!

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options

You may need to do a factory reset. Please make sure to back up all of your data prior to doing so.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userjziB6TmoTo
Constellation
Options

I reset my Samsung K series to its factory settings and this worked for me. 

Go through with the steps as listed, may this will work for;

• Press the Home button on your Tv and select Settings.
  • Select Support - Self Diagnosis - Reset.
  • After that, Enter the TV PIN, and a factory reset confirmation screen will appear.
  • Select Yes and press Enter.
  • After resetting the TV to its default settings, try to cast your Smartphone/tablet screen.

Got this guide from Samsung View TV 

0 Likes